Sade pursed her lips knowing his comment had truth to it but she wouldn't admit it to "Kairo give me my keys"

"Mocha let's not let a good night turn sour yeah? Get in the truck" He told her motioning his head to the vehicle

Sade shifted her gaze from the rose to him before sighing as she unfolded her arms walking around him and towards his truck, Kairo watched as her hair bounced with each stride as he reminded himself to remain patient. As Sade reached for the handle Kairo's hand overlapped her's. "Never do that when your with me " Kairo told her, his father was a cheater but he adored his mother and always taught the boys how to be well mannered gentleman. Hard on on the outside, but that one woman should hold a sweet spot.

The ride was silent, nothing but light music playing lowly. Sade would glance over at Kairo every so often as his eyes focused in on the road. She didn't know how to feel, all she wanted to do was sleep on it and she hoped he respected that. As they approached his home Sade stayed a few feet back as he unlocked his door, turing on the side lamp for a little illumination. Kairo headed upstairs while Sade slid her shoes off, she could feel the tense energy that radiated off of him. Upon entering the room Kairo kept to himself standing at his dresser unbuttoning his white collared shirt and placing his jewelry in its rightful place. Sade moved around him preparing for bed as well before she made her herself comfortable under the blankets.

"I'm not mad" Kairo sighed as he wrapped his arms around Sade pulling her back into his chest

Sade played with his hand as she tried not to cry "Yes you are. I can feel it" She let out placing his hand on her heart

Kairo placed a smooth kiss on her shoulder "Dolcezza. My anger isn't towards you. I don't like the fear he's installed in you"

" I'm sorry"

Kairo shook his head "You don't have anything to be sorry for. Don't worry about it I'm going to handle it. Get some rest yeah?"

Kairo held Sade throughout the night, for once she could actually say she felt safe, the two slept peacefully until morning when she woke up alone in bed. Sitting up against the headboard her eyes widened at the racks of clothes that covered the room floor. Excitingly getting out of bed she picked through them before placing her eyes on the price tag and knew it wasn't in her budget. A particular dress caught her eye as Sage held it up to her chest on the hanger standing in front of one of Kairo's full body length mirror. She pulled her hair up wondering how she would style it , unknown to her Kairo had made his way in the room watching her before making his presence known.

"Good morning Mocha. How are you feeling? " he greeted

Sade who felt like a kid who had got caught red handed grinned lightly "Good morning, I'm okay"

"Are you?" Kairo asked for clarification as Sade shrugged her shoulders

"I'm trying to be. I want to be." She admitted

Kairo who picked up on her defense mechanisms knew if he pressured her she would only turn away. But if he remained patient and let her get comfortable she would speak her truth on her own time. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She shook her head no playing with the hem of the dress as he took that as his opportunity to change the direction of their conversation. "Did it fit" He questioned pointing to the dress that remained in her grasp.

Sade looked down at her hands slightly putting it behind her back "I didn't try it on. It's gorgeous though"

"I figured you wouldn't want to go back to your place. So I picked a few things for you to choose from"