II

A mint aroma coming from a diffuser filled the air of Sade's condo as she stood in her kitchen at her marble counter top with her face free of makeup and her hair in a loose high ponytail,sporting a white bandue and a pair of grey Ivy Park sweatpants

A mint aroma coming from a diffuser filled the air of Sade's condo as she stood in her kitchen at her marble counter top with her face free of makeup and her hair in a loose high ponytail,sporting a white bandue and a pair of grey Ivy Park sweatpants. She let her fingers dance across the message she she had typed up as she sat on FaceTime with her close friend Mia.

"Sade send the damn text. Okay hit the damn blue arrow" Mia told her tired of waiting.

They had been on the phone for at least fifteen minutes and every time Mia would convince Sade to take the leap she would find another reason not too. "But what if-" Sade started as Mia staled face her cutting her off

"Sade! I'm about to hang up!" Mia told her loudly causing Sade to turn the volume down on her Mac Book.

"Okay okay! I sent it!" She said quickly locking her phone and resting her hands on her counter as she began to rock back and forth on her heels.

Mia knowing her friend was getting herself worked up spoke up to settle those nerves. "Girl relax he's probably been waiting"

Sade sighed as she remembered his words. "Don't keep me waiting too long" It had only been three days now but was that too long she wondered?
Had he already paid the next girl's book fees? So many thoughts ran through her head as she waited for his reply.

"It's been two minutes." Sade said turning her phone back over. Mia couldn't help but to laugh at how flustered her friend was. Before she could retort her phone dinged.
Quickly she opened it letting her eyes read the message before texting back. This time he responded rather fast keeping each others attention span. 

"Lord he wants to see me tonight" Sade said surprised

"Go enjoy yourself Sade you deserve it" Mia told her not seeing the problem with her going on a harmless outing with the opposite sex. Agreeing with her bestfriend she went ahead and texted back. A light smile graced Sade's face at his request, she loved wearing heels but because it only added to her height she tried to refrain from wearing them since most men weren't attracted to overly tall women.

"Well I guess I have a date to get ready for" Sade smiled locking her phone and pushing it on the counter

Mia nodded her smile an exact reflection of Sade's "Okay bestie, call me when you get back in and be safe"

"Always" She smiled ending the call. Doing a little squeal to herself she grabbed a bottled of water out her two door fridge before walking up the small staircase to her bedroom.
-