5

Things were going okay at home

Things were going okay at home. Well for the most part. Dad was finally able to see where the family was coming from in terms of having Spencer live with us. Apparently today was his birthday and muma had decided to throw a party even though he didn't want one.

Dad was excited all morning. Even told us that Spencer's mom and brother would stop by and meet us all. However, for right now, there were just a bunch of people running around the house with decorations.

I saw both my brother and sister running down the stairs. They looked all nervous.

"Woah woah...and where are you two going?" Mom asked.

Liv just looked at Jordan and he looked at her. "Oh we were just going to pick up some drinks from the cafe," Jordan said. I just shrugged my shoulders and began practicing my leap but I accidentally bumped into one of the staff members.

"Whoops, my bad." I said to one of the workers.

"Okay take Madelaine with you," Mom said.

"What no mom," Jordan said.

"Ouch," I said.

"You want to go, you have to take your sister. Unless you would rather help setup." Mom said standing in her power stance pose.

"Fine, okay. Whatever," Jordan said.

"Come on Mads," Liv said. I just walked over with my jacket towards my siblings and we left for the cafe. Or well at least I thought it was the cafe.

As we continued to drive, I just stared out the window while Jordan and Liv were mumbling amongst each other. This area of town started to look more and more unfamiliar. In fact there were a lot more people who looked like us rather than mumma. I didn't really know where we were but I think Jordan and Liv lied to mom. Once the car parked they both turned and looked at me.

"Maddie, okay so we may have lied to mom about where exactly we were going but we need your help and you can't tell mom or dad. This needs to stay between the three of us." Jordan said.

"Uh okay," I said nervously.

"Hey, nothing is going to happen to you. Just hold Jordan's or my hand the entire time if it helps." Liv said. I just nodded. "We just need you to pretend that you're selling candy bars that we brought with us." Jordan showed me the box. I just shrugged in agreement. I guess I would do it. It was just selling candy anyways. Once we got out of the car, I held the box of candy in my left arm while in my right hand I held onto Jordan's hand.

There all three of us stood on a random sidewalk staring at our surroundings. Liv stood on the other side of me so I was sandwiched between them.

"You folks lost?' A man called to us from his porch.

"No, we're selling candy bars," Jordan said.

"Ahh, you folks here brought your baby to sell candy? What kind of candy did you get honey?" The man asked. I could tell he was looking directly at me so I just leaned into Jordan's leg. He and Liv walked up closer and I followed Jordan as his arm dragged me with him.