"Uh, it would have popped open, spraying confetti everywhere?" Chase says.

"Oh, ho! That would be awesome!" Adam laughed.

"You know what I mean." Mr. Davenport says.

"But Mr. Davenport, I wasn't trying to hurt him...I was trying to get even. Adam is always punching me and throwing me around." Chase says.

"Yeah, but when I do it, it's funny," Adam says.

"Adam, it is not funny. If any of you get seriously hurt when I'm not around, all it takes is one x-ray of your bionic chip, and you know what happens next." Mr. Davenport says.

"Yep. You four go to a government facility, you go to the big house, and I get a big old mansion all to myself." Leo says.

"Leo, this is serious." Mr. Davenport says.

"Oh, come on...this really can't be the first time Adam has ever gotten hurt," Leo says.

"No, it really is. Although there have been some close calls." Bree says.

"Yeah, like that one time, I reached under the table, and when I stood up I..." Adam reaches under the console and bangs his head. "Ohh! Ohh. Hey, it was just like that!"

"Look, you're all gonna have to start being a lot more careful. You're superhuman, but you're not invincible." Mr. Davenport says.

"Maybe not, but I can still do this," Adam says. He tries to punch Chase, but Chase leans back quickly. Adam stops from the pain of his dislocated arm. "That hurts!" Adam groans. "Great, now Cassie's the strongest."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Upstairs in the living room, Bree was sitting on the couch curled up in a blanket, eating popcorn and watching a movie when Leo and I walked in. "Oh, I love this movie!" I exclaimed jumping onto the couch next to Bree. Leo sits on the other side of her.

"Me, too!" Leo says.

"Okay, I don't want to spoil it, but he falls off a cliff, those two get married, and that bear is her father in disguise," I say.

"Why do you always have to do that?!" Bree says. Then her voice starts sounding like mine. "I'm Cassie, and I have to ruin everything for everyone." Suddenly, our eyes widened, and Bree and I looked at each other.

"Did you just...what'd you just do?!" I say in a high-pitched voice, pointing at Bree.

"I have no idea!" Bree says in Leo's voice. She covered her mouth, and Leo and I just sat on the couch with our mouths open in shock. Down in the lab, Mr. Davenport was scanning Bree's vocal cords.

"Bree, remember when I told you that strange things might be happening to your bionics?" Mr. Davenport says. "Well, it looks like you have uncovered one of your hidden abilities. Either that or puberty has been very unkind to you." Leo and I tried to hold back our laughter.

"It's not funny. This is really freaking me out." Bree says.

"Freaking you out? You jacked our voices, man!" I say as Leo nods his head in agreement.

"It seems to be some kind of vocal manipulation. Whenever Bree hears a sound, her bionics manipulate her vocal cords to reproduce the exact same sonic wavelength." Mr. Davenport explains to us.

"Okay, that's fair. So Chase gets to move stuff with his mind, and I'm a ventriloquist without a dummy." Bree says.

"Look, I'm guessing you will develop a bank of voices and sounds that will come in handy on missions. But until then, do not use it." Mr. Davenport says. "It's not a toy." He leaves the lab.