Chapter 1

Azora

I stood before the daunting building in front of me, rooted to the floor, "So this is it, Highschool, where I would be spending the rest of my boring childhood. Great." I begrudgingly take a step towards the prestigious private highschool that my parents forced me into in hopes to correct my attitude. Well we'll see about that.

Last summer was truly my last summer that I would have my true freedom. Sneaking out to my friends house and doing shit like raiding a corner pub and drinking all their beer or trespassing to abandoned areas just for the fun of it. I still remember that one time I accidentally ransacked a poor dude's house thinking that it was my friends' ex's house and had the cops called on me. I ended up having my parents bailing me out. Great times. But now, not so much.

The cobblestone walkway made a clicking sound as I walk in my new stupid school uniform. I know that private schools had their own uniforms but these long skirts and short-heeled shoes make me miss my cargo pants and boots. I would honestly try and beg my parents out of here but I couldn't bear to let them get them hear me beg so pathetically. I keep my head high and eyes straight on the school entrance.

The group of annoying girls with their preppy makeup and Cartier jewellery makes me gag at how superficial they are. I see them fluttering their eyes and laughing at seemingly nothing at the boys which I assume are the school jocks. They weren't much better, making suggestive gestures at the girls with a wink and the girls' giggles without a care. Playboys and Gossip girls what a perfect match. Another group consists of those Pick Me girls hanging out with some guys talking shit about those Gossip Girls, claiming that that's why they are with the guys. I hear them blabber on about how overdone the girls' make up were while also wearing makeup themselves. Hypocrite and Bitch. What a combo.

I walk on faster to hopefully avoid their drama. Why is that of all schools that my parents could enroll me in it had to be the ones with super obnoxious people? Oh yeah cuz apparently the reputation here was enough of a reason to dump me in this school. And they think I'm the crazy one. I huff in annoyance at the thought of my parents. In my haste and fury, my shoulder bumped into someone and I keep on going without a look, ignoring their meaningless insults. The school entrance was adorned with carefully maintained vines and thickets which actually looked cool and I took a good look at my surrounding. The imposing structure had high windows and fancy decors that made it look like any other dull rich building. It made me regret my high hopes.

The doorways make me wonder if I have walked through it already or its a new area that I have yet been. The hundreds of windows that stretch up the ceilings don't help me either. This place is a goddamn maze "Emelia, I advise you not to skip school again." The sudden voice makes me jump. A tall lady with a high bun and neat well-ironed blazer stood beside me, "What?" She looks surprised and quickly composes herself. "I beg your pardon, I mistook you for someone else. Well, head to class now." I decided not be lost anymore and asked asked her, "Actually I'm new here and I have no idea where the hell I am, been lost for like a solid 7 minutes." Her nose scrunches up at the word 'hell'. "You should know to mind your language but since its your first day I'll let this be a warning." I withhold an eyeroll and nod as if I actually cared. She narrows her eyes and seemed to think about something. "Are you the new student that just registered last week? The Albrecht Family perhaps?" I actually roll my eyes this time. I hate being related to the Albrechts, all they care about is remaining perfect and I'm that stain that they can't quite get rid of. They always preach about our family tradition and all the honour and all the great things my ancestors have done for our family name. I always thought it to be nonsensical and a waste of time, and I still do. "Yeah." I glare her. "So you must be Azora Albrecht, Simon Albrecht's only daughter." "Regrettably so yeah," She gives me an odd look "their words not mine." I put my hands up in surrender. She straightens her already tidy blazer. "Your class would then be down these stairs, to your left, keep walking and through the second hallway, around the fountain on the third exit and your class would be at the corner," I look at her like she was joking but I don't think someone like her understands humor. "you got that?" I blink at her like an idiot. "Sure."

After a few tries into the wrong classroom, I think I found the right classroom. The chitter chatter littered around the class and I know its going to be a long rest of the year. My eyes scan for an empty seat and I think I see one at the very back so I make my way there. Some of the conversation quieted down and I assume that the teacher has arrived but when I sat down and settled in, half of the class had their eyes on me. I jokingly looked back knowing that there's most definitely no one behind me and returned to my things. I really wish I could ring up an excuse or something cuz I REALLY don't want to be here . "Hey new kid!" I hear a guy walking towards me, I pretend I hear nothing. "Hey! I'm talking to you. What? Think you're too good for us huh?" He places his hands in front of me and I take a deep sigh and stared straight in his eyes. He had wavy dirty-blond hair and a pair of light blue eyes that looked too good on his pleasant features. He seems pleased by this and proceeds to smirk which took away his good lookingness. "What do you want?" I say in a monotone voice to show my disinterest and chagrin to even be talking to him. "She talks." He jokes to his friends and they laughed like hyenas that heard the funniest joke in their life. He stares at my eyes for a bit like he was scrutinising my right eye. "Nice contacts girl, its not allowed, too bad, it looks good on ya." I narrow my eyes at him. It's not that I abhor compliments its just that they always seem backhanded and fake to me. "It's not contacts." He takes a chair from the table beside me, and sits on it with his chest facing the front of the chair and his hands resting on the top. I regret opening my mouth and speaking to such a Fuckboy. "That's what they all say. Hey, I just trying to be nice and help you stay out of trouble. You wouldn't wanna get in trouble I'll tell you that. Trust me, I know from experience." The group of guys that he was with talked amongst themselves as if they were reminded of all the times they were caught misbehaving. He opened his mouth to speak again but was interrupted by the bell. I thanked God for saving me the trouble. "Well talk more soon, I'm sure of it." I continue to ignore him.

A teacher walks in, folders and books in hand went to the teacher's table. When she was done arranging her belongings, she tilt her head up and looks to be looking for me. I sit back on my chair and tried to appear hard to spot. As I was starting to have some fun hiding from her view, she notices me and called me. "Miss Azora, please do introduce yourself to the class." The people around me turn to look at me, I look through them and pretended to hear nothing. The thing I hate most about school would be self introductions besides presentations and I sure as hell won't be giving one. "I wouldn't not be repeating myself again after this." Her voice grew stern and eyebrows knitting together. She's gonna get some wrinkles soon if she's going to have me as a student. I unwillingly stand up looking at nothing in particular "I'm Azora, I'm new to this school, what's up?"