My lungs expand as I inhale fresh air for the first time in a while. It felt refreshing to be outside again.

We had eventually came to the car and Christophe reaches towards the door handle, giving it a slight tug.

The door opens and I could feel him bend over slightly, making me grab onto his shirt. He places me in a car seat before tugging at the seatbelt.

Christophe pulls the seatbelt toward the other side of me, placing it into the buckle. He pulls his body away, and sighs.

"Are you comfortable?" I nod my head at him and look away. I hear the door close next to me before Christophe enters the drivers seat.

We eventually drive off, and I can't help but stare out the window. The sight of nature, cars, stores, all felt foreign.

"Armani?" I hear a voice, making me break away from my thoughts. I quickly towards Christophe. "Are you hungry?", He asks.

But before I could answer, my stomach does it for me. My face heats up from embarrassment.

Christophe chuckles, "How old are you?" He asks, although I'm pretty sure he was just testing me. I look down at my hands, extending one of them then letting my thumb rest against my palm.

I raise my hand and show him that I'm 4 years old, to which he nods.

We eventually pull into a McDonalds drive-thru. I've only heard about people eating here in stories.

"Chicken nuggets, please." I say, my voice almost inaudible. Christophe looks back at me in shock. His face eventually turns into a happy one, and nods his head.

We pull up to the speaker, and a feminine voice greets Christophe, asking what he wants.

"Can I get one happy meal with chicken nuggets, and apple juice to drink? That will be all." He asks, rubbing his stubble with his fingertips.

I blur out their conversation, wondering how the food will taste. I've never favored the food that was given at the shelter.

My body totally ignores the car beginning to move to the next window, but before I know it, I have food in front of my face.

I grab the food, the bag crinkling at my touch. "Thank you." I say with a small smile on my face.

Christophe pulls over in the parking lot, before stepping out the car and entering the backseat. "Let me help you get settled before we leave." He says.

Christophe lifts the bag, and pulls a tray table from the car seat. I lift my arms so he can put it in front of me comfortably.

I hear the bag open, and the contents of the food are placed in front of me on the tray table. Chicken nuggets, fries, drink, sauces, and a napkin.

"The toy is in the bag when you're finished, are you comfortable?" He asks and turns to me, his eyes widening.

My face was stuffed with fries and a chicken nugget. I quickly look towards him and nod while chewing.

"My gosh." He says and starts laughing nervously. I can tell he was concerned about my appetite, but decided not to bug me about it.

He opens the door, exiting the backseats before entering the drivers seat. He turns on the engine and starts driving off.

I dip my last chicken nugget in the barbecue sauce and throw the garbage back inside the bag before grabbing the toy. The food tasted great.

The toy was a barbie mini figure which distracted me for a while before I felt my eyes getting heavy. My muscles started to relax, my head resting against the car window. Eventually I fell asleep.