An Unexpected Duo

Start from the beginning

"Fine." He quickly spoke. "I have one condition."

She nodded, excited at her new chance of making it through.

"If either Bakugou or Midoriya pass me, you let me stop them."

She held out her hand with a confident look in her eyes.

"You got it."

————————————

The lights signaled, red, then yellow, then green, as Yui jumped onto Todoroki's back and the floor covered in a sheen of ice trapping the unfortunate students who didn't manage to jump in time.

"Are you holding on?" Todoroki spoke sharply, skating on top of the ice he created as Yui slipped two knives into her hands.

"Yeah. Let's do this!"

"What the hell!? I can't move!" A bunch of other students yelled in frustration. "It's so cold!"

"You won't get away with that you icy-hot bastard!" Bakugou yelled, as 1-A students busted out of the ice, used to his quirk at this point. "And neither will you, bloody bitch!!"

A giant robot crashed down in front of the duo, Yui jumping off of his back and launching herself into the laser of the robot, stabbing it right in the eye.

"Here comes the first obstacle! Quickly Saito and Todoroki pull out in front, in what seems like a power duo! Unexpected!!" Hizashi's voice rang out through the arena, narrating the events of the first bit of the sport's festival. "Robo inferno, be prepared!"

"I took care of those two pretty easily," Yui panted, landing next to Todoroki. "You need to get the bigger ones before the rest catch up with us, I got the smaller ones."

"Got it."

The robots above quickly froze shut, as the smaller ones lay destroyed and cut up by Yui's quickly dulled blades.

"We need to go, now!" Yui nodded, following Todoroki's run out of the middle of the fight as the ice began to crack under the weight of the robot infernos.

"He made a path, lets go!" A student yelled, out pointing to the precarious path.

"Don't follow us." Todoroki and Yui cleared the obstacle. "They are going to crash down."

"1-A's new power duo has pulled out first and blocked the path in one well coordinated attack! Those kids are harsh!!" Present Mic's voice boomed. "He removed the pair so fast it almost seems unfair!"

"Todoroki-kun! Bakugou-" Yui was cut off as an explosion followed closely behind them, Bakugou flying overhead using his explosions as a launch.

"You bitches!! I'm gonna get you!!"

The duo ran up to the second obstacle. A large chasm, with small ropes as bridges posed as a threat to their secured success.

"I got this, freeze a bridge over quickly and duck." Yui ordered, handfuls of blades, knives, throwing stars, and anything else she could make poured from her skin. "Once more people get here, I'll stop them, then we can make it across."

A crowd formed, pausing as they figured out their strategy.

Yui spun quickly, after signaling Todoroki to duck, tossing everything she had on her to well aimed targets.

She could smell the fresh blood on the bodies.

"Shits about to go down!" She smiled, as the group of students froze up. "Let's go Todoroki!"

He grabbed her by the waist as her hands remained outstretched, holding the mass of teenagers back as they crossed the canyon.

"Look at that!! Saito has finally shown her true abilities and stopped every single one of those students!! Todoroki and Saito make it across the second obstacle with ease!!" Present Mic's voice continued to ring out over the speakers. "Aizawa, these are your students, what do you have to say?"

"Saito has the ability to be great, she just needs to allow herself." He paused. "I think she is in the running for first place overall."

"Well said!!"

The students were covered in confusion, trying to regain control of their own bodies.

"What!? Why can't we move?" Someone yelled, trying to move their feet forward.

"It's Yui, the girl, she threw a knife at you and you started bleeding, now she can control you." Mina said calmly, waiting until she could move again so she could resume her chase. "She doesn't mean to hurt you or anything."

Yui and Todoroki cleared the second obstacle, and Yui dropped her hands trying to catch her breath. The students resumed their prosecution of first place as they crossed the chasm.

"Let's go." She sighed, regaining her composure as they ran.

"Are you ok?" He asked monotonously, a slight concern on his features.

"Oh yeah, totally." She brushed off.

"We've come to our first pair in the final area!! It's the minefield!!" If you look carefully, you can see the mines underneath the ground!" Hizashi contained his laughter at the obstacle. "In any case, they're land mines, but they can't kill you!"

"Look, Bakugou Katsuki has taken first, he's pulled ahead of Saito and Todoroki." Aizawa calmly stated.

"HHAHAHA THOSE LAST TESTS DONT MEAN A DAMN THING!!! I'M GONNA WIN THIS!" Bakugou yelled, lighting bombs behind him, pushing the already lightheaded Yui off to the side. "You might have made an alliance despite your little war declaration, but you made the worst enemy! Me!"

Bakugou and Torodoki competed for the first place, pushing each other out of the way as Yui continued to run for third. Her head was spinning, but she was so far ahead that nothing could knock her down.

"Sorry everyone!! Coming through!" Midoryia yelled as a giant explosion rang though the arena.

"A giant explosion!! Class 1-A's Midoriya Izuku quickly pulls to first place as he flies over the competition! He overtook the top three!!"

Yui could barely hear the sounds around her.

"DEKU! DONT YOU DARE TAKLE FIRST!!" Bakugou yelled, as Midoriya slammed his sheet of metal down into the minefield, laughing himself further into first.

"IN NO TIME MIDORIYA HAS BLOWN THROUGH THE COMPETITION! DAMN ERASERHEAD, WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING THESE KIDS?!" Present Mic exclaimed.

"I've done nothing, this is entirely the drive and flames that they have lit within each other."

"THE STUDENT WHO TAKES FIRST IS NONE OTHER THAN THE MIDORIYA IZUKU FROM CLASS 1-A!!"

Yui stumbled over the finishing line into fourth, behind the three boys.

"A little help, please?" She sighed meekly, before collapsing to her knees. Bakugou caught her in his arms as he fumed about his place in third. "I've really done it this time."

OMG HELLO! I didn't think I would have this chapter done, but here I am, a day early. Anyways I felt like I needed to post a day early as a thanks for literally 100+ reads and 15 kudos on AO3 since Thursday and 50 reads on Wattpad! ITS BEEN TWO DAYS HOW??? I love you all so so much and I never thought anyone would read this. Thank you again! See you all next week (hopefully)!

Also, I would love for this book to reach more audiences on wattpad, so please engage however you can with comments, votes, follows or adding it to a reading list. I would really appreciate any engagement you can give me. Thank you!