Chapter II: A Different kind of Smart

Start from the beginning

"Good morning." Eager Quinzel

"Morning Ezena." Barely awake Spiros

Hardey, too tired to respond, waved a lazy two finger salute.

"Morning!" Energetic ADHD Coby

"Morning..." Tired Devana

"M-morning, E-Ezena!" Shy Natalie

"...Morning..." Stone-cold barely awake Raymond.

When everyone had arrived and entered the kitchen, they'd see Ezekiel all bandaged up from neck to torso with a tank top on. They all became worried, they'd never seen Ezekiel so banged up, but he waved a hand while him and Ezena cooked, "Please, do not worry. you may ask any and all questions though. But Ezena has been looking out for me." They'd all breath a relieving sigh, but Raymond would come up to Ezekiel and tower two inches above him with an intimidating stare. Ezekiel knew what was happening, so he'd stop what he was doing and fully look to Raymond. "Yes, brother?"

"You mind telling me who and how you got injured?" Ezekiel would smile softly, his mask guising his scared up face.

"Well, ran into a new threat, took them down but got bruised really good and two bullets worth of wounds, but I'll be alright." Raymond would death stare Ezekiel, a feeling of dread and regret began filling Ezekiel's heart as he wondered what he did ultimately wrong.

"You best notify us so we can help. You know better." A sudden but soft hug was given, Raymond wanted to bear hug Ezekiel. But knowing that would cause more harm than good as Ezekiel had a soft side. Ezekiel would nod to Raymond's response, knowing that if he didn't comply hed surely have hell to pay. Ezekiel would finally finish cooking, leaving it open like a buffet.

"Breakfast buffet, open on time." All of them had their own positivity, it made Ezekiel rather grateful for that. While everyone got their own food, Ezekiel went to his bedroom and began checking on his wounds. He knew Ezena took care of his wounds, blessed be her heart. As he unwrapped his bandages he could see how bad it was. "Shoot..." His voice was low, keeping low as he touched the first bullet wound that dug right below the armpit. It felt sensitive even now. Yet it was stitched up nicely, good thing in knowing he had good support from his personal assistant in kicking bad guys to the curb.

"It looks better than when I first saw it." Ezekiel would have to nod at her, he could only imagine what she had seen and had to clean upon first arrival. He was lucky she had even saved him, even though she cared so much. He believed he would have just died that day, how fortunate that his friend was smarter than him. Ezekiel would look to his very eyes before back to the wound in the mirror. He didn't know how to truly process it, but he had to now take it light on his left side. He wrote with this hand, this was going to be rather tough.

He'd quickly give the second bullet wound over, but he just quickly bandaged himself back up. Ezena came to help as well, giving her assistance where he couldn't support for himself. When it was all done he'd smile and put on the tank top again. From there the small family reunion of the kids would go for an hour before they all had to leave for work.

"Call me if you need any medical items." Devana.

"Message if you need any small supplies." Spiros.

"You recover well." Natalie. Hardie kept

Hardey kept quiet and just sternly stared at Titus, seemingly penetrating the soul. He'd leave with a stern salute.

"Stop by for some upgrades soon." Coby.

"Don't be that idiot alright?" Quinzel.

Raymond, last of the group and certain to let his two cents be heard, stood by the door as the others left for work. Ezekiel would look to Raymond, their eyes meeting hard as one was hellbent on understanding the situation. The other was more towards wanting to avoid it, but even Ezekiel couldn't run before Raymond stood before him. "So, you get injured and let no one know... What did we say?" Ezekiel nodded with a nervous sigh, his emotions became amped from here on out.