𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 - 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

chris sighed loudly and tried not to roll his eyes in front of the teacher as they handed out a packet. physics packets were starting to be the bane of his existence. to make it worse, chris had forgotten his airpods in matt's car that morning and had to go through an entire school day in silence.

he subconsciously glanced over to the girl sitting next to him. alyvia was putting in one of her wired headphones as she started on the worksheet. she glanced over to chris as she felt his burning gaze on her, causing chris to blush in embarrassment and look away quickly.

he took out his phone, opening matt's contact as there was no way he was going through this class without music.

c-swizzle
matt go get my airpods

mattybraps
no

c-swizzle
PLEASE???

mattybraps
no i'm in pe we're playing batmitton

can't just leave a game of batmitton chris

c-swizzle
yes you can and you will

mattybraps
nah

c-swizzle
just gimme ur keys or sum pls i need my
airpods

mattybraps
just ask olivia for a headphone 🤞

c-swizzle
😑

it's alyvia

mattybraps
wdym it's not olive oil

c-swizzle
and she has wired headphones

mattybraps
aw romantic

c-swizzle
just get me my airpods matthew

MATT???

MATT STOP LEAVING ME ON READ

i want u dead

sleep with one eye open tn

chris put his phone away, glancing at alyvia who was giving him a concerned look, it was only then that chris realized how agressive he had been typing.

"is everything ok?" she asked quietly.

"yeah" chris lied, "i just lost my airpods and my brothers being a bitch about it."

"oh" she nodded, looking away from him and back to her work. the end of the conversation brought a sadness to chris that he hadn't expected. he really enjoyed talking to alyvia, even in small snippets like that.

"um-" when chris turned to her, alyvias speech halted, he had scared her, "if you need music we could like share headphones but mine are wired so that might be weird so we don't have to if you think that's too weird..." her speech drew off at the end as she realized it was probably better if she stopped talking.

despite alyvia thinking she had totally just humiliated herself, chris just smiled, "yeah, i'd like that."

she smiled back, breathing out a sigh of relief and moving her chair closer to chris so that they could reach eachother. she opened her spotify and scrolled through her playlist to find one that wouldn't embarrass her too much.

"holy shit" he breathed from beside her, "you have a lot of playlists."

she laughed, nodding in agreement and looking back at her phone. but chris didn't look away from her, he kept his gaze on her as he tried to slow his racing heart. in that moment chris decided that alyvia's laughter was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. it rang in his head over and over again and he wished that it would never stop.