Chapter 8: New Element

Start from the beginning

"Trace him" Tony says to Jarvis after muting his speaker

"Sir.

"Now, the true history of Stark name will be written"

"Jarvis, where is he?"

"Accessing the Oracle grid. Eastern Seaboard" Jarvis says

"What your father did to my family over 40 years, I will do to you in 40 minutes." Ivan says, continuing to talk. Aloisia fidgets with her hands anxiously. Her thoughts wont stop as her mind continues to work though what to do. What she might have to do.

"Sounds good. Let's get together and hash it out" Tony says unmuting his speaker

"Tri-State area. Manhattan and outlying boroughs" Jarvis says

"I hope you're ready" Ivan says, ending the call before the trace is complete

"Call trace incomplete" Jarvis says

Tony spots and advert for Justin's new presentation and picks up his new arc reactor.

"Sir" Jarvis says

"You want to run some tests, run them. And assemble the suit while you're at it. Put it together now" Tony orders, putting the reactor in "Sia, you got something you wear when fighting?" Tony asks

"I don't know Tony. I don't think I would be much help. I dont want people to find out about me. Fury and Natasha basically forced me to tell them. Well it was more so Fury but anyway, i like the life I have here on earth"

"What happened to protecting the planet, or the people of earth" Tony asks, Aloisia knows he is right. She sighs "I believe you can be of help" Tony adds, offering her a gentle smile.

"Okay, fine" she said, a frown present on her features. "I'll be backup and only backup"

"Fair"

"We are unclear as to the effects" Jarvis says, only for Tony to shut him down quickly

"I don't want to hear it Jarvis That tastes like coconut. And metal. Oh wow, yeah!" Tony exclaims as the reactor powers up and glows bright blue.

(Aloisia's Suit, there isn't any gloves on her forearms only thin combat gloves on her hands sometimes

(Aloisia's Suit, there isn't any gloves on her forearms only thin combat gloves on her hands sometimes. It will say whether she is wearing them or not. In this case she is - her gloves don't do anything to her fire and were made specially by someone in her village as a gift. Her suit has been tailored and edited throughout her travels to fit as she grew, the pop else of planets she has visited helped her with her suit if it got ripped or damaged, and helped adjust it.)

Announcer speaks "Justin Hammer. His presentation will begin shortly in the main pavilion"

Justin dances onto the stage.

"Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for coming. Ladies and gentlemen, for far too long, this country has had to place its brave men and women in harm's way, but then the Iron Man arrived, and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us. Sadly, that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair. That's not right. And it's just too bad"

"Oh, Lord" Pepper mutters

"Regardless, it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed the headlines the world over. Well, today, my friends, the press is faced with quite a difficult problem. They are about to run out of ink. [Two people run on to remove the podium] Get that out of here. Ladies and gentlemen, today I present to you the new face of the United States military. The Hammer drone. [Drones rise out of the stage as he calls names] Army! Navy! Air Force! Marines! Yeah! Yeah! Woo! That's a hell of a lot better than some cheerleaders, let me tell you. But as revolutionary as this technology is, there will always be a need for man to be present in the theatre of war. Ladies and gentlemen, today I am proud to present to you the very first prototype in the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit and its pilot, Air Force Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes"

"What?" Pepper says, as Rhodey solutes

"For America and its allies, Hammer Industries is reporting for-" Justin is cut off and Tony flies onto the stage in his suit. Aloisia hangs back in the shadow realm. If she focuses and keep concentration she can see what is happening in the areas near to her, like watching something on a TV she can see and hear Tony and Justin but the voices are slightly murmured and the images are a little blurred.

"We got trouble" Tony says to Rhodey

Rhodey replies "Tony, there are civilians present. I'm here on orders. Let's not do this right now" thinking Tony wants another fight

"Give them a wave"

"Hey, all right. Yeah" Justin says

"All these people are in danger. We gotta get them out of here. You gotta trust me for the next five minutes" Tony mutters to Rhodey.

"Yeah, I tried that. I got tossed around your house, remember?"

"Listen, I think he's working with Vanko"

"Vanko's alive?" Rhodey asks

"Yeah" Justin mutters

"Where is he?"

"What?"

"Where's Vanko?"

"Who?" Justin replies, Tony and Aloisia know he is lying

"Tell me"

"What are you doing here man?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa" Rhodey says as the large weapon on his should begins to power up and take aim at Tony

"Is that you?" Tony asks

"No, I'm not doing that. That's not me. I can't move. I'm locked up. I'm locked up!" Rhodey says, the other drones on the stage also begin to take aim at Tony "Get out of here. Go! This whole system's been compromised"

Tony begins to fly "Let's take it outside" he says, the drones and Rhodey begin to take fire and Rhodey's suit also begins to fly after Tony.