Chapter 2- What is Going On?

Start from the beginning

"I suppose that it would be fine. Just don't try to hurt him as he is in an unknown condition."

"I understand hyeong-nim! Thank you for letting me be able to see him "

Cale sweat drops at how perked up Basen was. Him and Cole look exactly alike so the only difference that can be seen is how they act. Cale has a feeling that he won't be able to understand this new dongsaeng of his anytime soon.

After breakfast, Basen and Cale go to Cale's room, where Cole is, and head inside quietly. Basen moves towards the bed and carefully looks over Cole's fragile figure that lays there covered gently. After looking for a few minutes, they left to go to their classes till it was dinner time. Around dinner, Cale got into the habit of visiting kitchen two to see Vicross and eat there. As he makes his way to the kitchen, he stumbles across a part of the house he has never seen before, a door that is covered with a black veil. He looks away and continues on as an ominous feeling goes through him after seeing that door.

'I don't want to learn something useless, lets just forget that exsits...'

It was familiar, but not at the same time. However, he doesn't have the time to think about such a useless thing as he has been trying to figure out a way to wake Cole up. He sighs as he reaches the kitchen's doors and heads inside where he sees Vicross sitting at a counter reading a cook book while eating some steak, a glass of strawberry milk and a steak with veggies and a salad sits near him for Cale. Cale takes his seat and starts to slowly eat the food as they sit in silence for a bit.

Soon, the silence was broken by Cale tapping the counter with his finger while scrunching his eyebrows together in thought.

'Why did this happen? What could have caused Cole to go into this state? Wait..'

Cale looks at his food before placing his fork down and covering his face with his arms on the counter making Vicross look over silently.

'Cole told me about that nightmare, it was clearly a memory of some sort. If it is, there has to be reprocussions for it by the world. Him being put into a catatonic state and not being able to move might be part of that... Why haven't I thought of this earlier?!'

Vicross pats Cale on his back gently as he peeks his head out from under his arms and sighing. He goes back to eating with Vicross before Cale breaks the silence once again.

"Vicross hyeong, did Ron go to bed?"

"Yes, young master. He went to bed this morning after helping me put away some dishes."

"That's good. Dongsaeng would be worried if he got sick. When would father be back from the villa?"

Vicross scowls behind the book before turning the page and marking some ingredients on a piece of paper nearby seemingly planning the meals for tomorrow.

"I'm not too sure, young master. The count and countess seem like they were going to stay for about two weeks before coming back, but that's if they don't get delayed or anything happens."

Cale nods and sips his strawberry milk, humming at the sweetness that the strawberries give it, before going back to eating the juicy steak. They sit in silence together once again, only the noises of dishes clanking, the turning or pages, and the sounds of someone writing touches the air. They sit like this for a few more hours till an ominous sound, like someone falling onto the wall or floor over and over again disturbed the peaceful silence.

"Young master, please stay here while I go and check."

Vicross gets up and grabs a knife from the drawer in front of him before heading towards the door and opening it. The sight in front of him made him drop the knife in shock. There on the floor panting heavily was Cole, who was now awake and smiling brightly at Vicross before reaching him, curled against the wall.