viii. moving on

Mulai dari awal

"I will take to the skies on Rhaegon," Visenya said. Flying always helped her think clearly. When she was in the clouds, away from everything and everyone, just her and her dragon, she felt like she could breathe.

"Princess," Ser Erryk warned.

"I will not fly to King's Landing. I give you my word," Visenya said.

"You have given me your word before, Princess, and you have also broken it," Ser Erryk said. Visenya put her hands on her hips as she looked at him and then she laughed.

"That was one time. If you would like to mount Rhaegon with me, you are more than welcome. He is big enough to fit two people now," Visenya said. Ser Erryk shook his head as he smiled.

"We both know I prefer the ground. I will wait right here for you, and I will keep watch on the skies," He said. Visenya nodded and she took a deep breath as she looked at him.

"Thank you, Ser. You've been a wonderful protector for the last three years. I hope things will always be like this," Visenya said. She was devastated when Harwin left and even more devastated when he died, but where Harwin was like a father figure, Erryk was more like an older brother figure.

"I would love to stay in your service for as long as I can. When you are Queen, I hope I will be able to still serve," Ser Erryk said. Visenya smiled as she nodded.

"If you can still serve, you will be head of my Queensguard, but if you cannot, I will still give you a seat on my council," Visenya said. Erryk smiled as he nodded.

"You honor me, Princess," He said.

"But hopefully we will not have to have this conversation for many many years, after my mother has a long, peaceful reign," Visenya said. Erryk nodded as he smiled at her.

"Have a good ride, Princess,"

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

[a/n: italicized text indicates high valyrian dialogue]

Aemond Targaryen waited atop Rhaenys' Hill. He knew Visenya would never back down from a challenge. He purposely worded his letter the way he did because he knew that would provoke her enough to seek him out. He waited to see the violet scales of her dragon Rhaegon flying through the air, but Rhaegon never came. Did he misconstruct his trap? Was he not cruel enough to evoke a response?

No, he figured that she must've shown the letter to her parents, or to her brothers and she was given the advice to not seek him out. He hadn't accounted for that. He wasn't sure why he was so insistent on playing these mind games with her. Because she deserved it, for taking his eye? Maybe. Some would think, it's been two years, shouldn't he be over that? Maybe he wanted an excuse to see her because he knew after calling her a bastard two years ago, she wouldn't seek him out again.

That was it, he missed her. He missed Visenya. He missed seeing her silver-blonde hair bouncing through the halls of the Red Keep as she made her way to the gardens after sneaking away from her Septa. He missed seeing her and her violet dragon on the shores of Blackwater Bay. Rhaegon flew in circles above his rider as she watched the waves.

He missed looking into her violet eyes as they shared their secrets. She shared her nerves about being her mother's heir. Whether or not the realm would accept two queens in a row, or if they would only accept her if she had an impeccable match for a husband. Aemond missed the way she would braid his hair when she was bored. Her mother had taught her braiding and said in Targaryen custom, they add braids into their hair after battles they've won. Although they had not been to battle, Visenya loved practicing her braiding on Aemond, and Aemond loved getting his hair braided and feeling Visenya that close to him.