•Chapter ten P2•

Start from the beginning

The brothers glanced at each other, before Sam kicked the table, moving it out of the way.

A blonde girl that was hiding behind it gasped and cried, backing herself into the corner.

"It's alright. We're not gonna hurt you." Dean told her, lowering his shotgun. "It's okay. What's your name?"

"Katherine." The girl, Katherine, answered, slowly standing up. "Kat."

"Okay. I'm Dean. This is Sam, and August." Dean introduced.

"What are you doing here?" Sam questioned the girl.

"Um...my boyfriend, Gavin— "

"Is he here?" Dean asked.

"Somewhere." Kat stated. "He thought it would be fun, try and see some ghosts. I thought it was all just...you know...pretend." Kat wrapped her jacket around herself. "I've seen things. I heard Gavin scream, and— "

"Alright, Kat, come on." Dean stepped to her, gently helping her out of the corner where she stood. "Sam's gonna get you out of here, then we're gonna find your boyfriend." He told her.

"No, no. I'm not gonna leave without Gavin. I'm coming with you." Kat told them.

"It's no joke. It's dangerous." Dean told her.

"Says the guys carrying around a baby." Kat stated, and for a second, Dean went quiet.

"I have to find him." Kat said.

"Alright, I guess we're gonna split up, then." Dean said, his eyes going to his little girl.

Sam noticed.

"I got her, Dean. She's okay." He told him.

Dean hesitated for a second, looking to his brother, but he nodded.

~~~

"Gavin!" Sam called out as he walked down the hallway, carrying August's carrier with him while he shined his flashlight around. "Gavin!"

With Dean and Kat, they were doing the same thing.

"Gavin!" Kat called out. "Gavin!"

"I've got a question for you." Dean spoke up, turning to look at Katherine. "You've seen a lot of horror movies, yeah?"

"I guess so." Kat gave a light shrug.

"Do me a favor. Next time you see one, pay attention. When someone says a place is haunted, don't go in." He told her, then turned, continuing to walk.

Kat quickly followed.

Sam walked down the hallway, going towards the end, shining his flashlight. He then came to the last room where he saw a boy laying on the floor.

"Gavin?" He asked, coming over.

He set the carrier down beside him, and started shaking Gavin.

"Hey, Gavin." He said.

The boy's eyes opened, and he jumped up with a gasp when they landed on Sam.