𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝐨𝐧𝐞, ]

'IS THIS HEAVEN?' YOU THOUGHT to yourself, eyes prying themselves open as they struggled to process just what was going on

'IS THIS HEAVEN?' YOU THOUGHT to yourself, eyes prying themselves open as they struggled to process just what was going on. "Oh I told you we should stop letting her work the night shifts.." the familiar voice of your mother filled your ears as you rapidly blinked.

Your eyes slowly adjusted themselves to the harsh rays of the flashlight being shined down onto your face. It was one of the least pleasant ways to wake up, but you digressed. Last you remembered, you had been impaled with a strange arrow in the stomach.

Yet as you sat up with the assistance of the two people before you, you had taken notice of the lack of a wound in your stomach. Did you just doze off during your shift and have a nightmare? Or had you develop some sort of hallucinations?

You hadn't had a clue on how to answer any of those questions. Instead you focused on the fact that you were alive and well, it's all that mattered to you in the first place anyways. Your life was still on track and you could focus on making your parents proud. 

Speaking of your parents, both of them gazed at you with a sense of worry. Their eyes not leaving your form as they seemed to inspect your body for any sort of irregularities or possible answers as to why you've been found on their store floor unconscious. Your father had been the one to finally draw his gaze away from you, handing off the flashlight to your mother as she held it away from your face.

"y/n dear, if you were that tired you could've just closed early and come home.." her voice sounded slightly pained, eyes flickering to meet your own as you subconsciously nodded.

Your eyes trailed over towards your father who walked away from the pair of you and your mother and disappearing towards the stores fridge section. You were unsure of what to do or say to your mother who stood before you waiting for some sort of coherent response. 

But what could you really tell her? You yourself had no clue as to what happened to you, your only leading clue at the moment being the vivid nightmare that loomed over you like some sort of nagging pest. 

"Right.. I know. I just dozed off, I guess." You could tell that your lame excuse did little to no work in convincing your mother that you were alright. She had always been some sort of worry wart, her concern never had any sort of limitations when it came to your well being. So you supposed that no matter what legible excuse you could give her, she would still look over you with worry in her eyes.

"I suppose.. but from now on you won't be working night shifts." Her statement was firm, leaving no room for an argument. You only hummed in response to her words, your attention being pulled away from her as your father approached you with a water bottle in hand. 

He handed you the refreshing drink before turning to talk with your mother, the two now engaged in a conversation about your night shift duties. One side argued against, while the other was for. You on the other hand, didn't really have much interest on the outcome of their conversation and instead opted for prying open your newly gifted drink.

You worked the cap open before taking a small sip of the water inside. The refreshing feeling made you feel slightly better, but you still couldn't help but feel a bit paranoid.

The dream you had the pleasure of experiencing had been indeed unique.. it may have been a bit fuzzy in your head, but you were sure that you felt that strange looking arrow pierce through you. But whenever you looked down towards where there should be some sort of scar or even sign of ripped clothes, there had been none.

The only evidence of this bizarre dream resided in your memories alone, and you felt a bit relieved to know that it was just a dream and nothing more.

That however wouldn't disregard the feeling that you were being watched by someone, or something. You felt chills go down your spine as goosebumps formed all over your arms, you knew someone was watching, and your only logical brain cell pointed to your parents being the culprits but those two were completely lost in conversation to even spare you a glance.

You swished your head around the store, as perhaps a customer had entered while you were spacing out. Yet nothing.

Were you imagining it then? Or had the dream made you feel that on edge?

You decided to try and ease some of your tension by drinking water, it was sure to help you feel a tad bit better. But as you lifted the bottle to your mouth, your throat ran dry as nothing came out of your bottle that should've been full.

Surely you couldn't have drank all of it.

RIGHT..?

unedited:// i've had this chapter in my drafts and just realized, oopsies~

published may.20.2023