Chapter 1

Riley opened up her eyes as soon as she heard the beeping of her alarm. Her eyes wandered to the side to check the time, although she already knew that it would say 5.30 am, she always looked at her clock, just to be sure.

5.30.

People who weren't used to Riley's drive, would look at her in a weird way when she would tell them that she got up at 5.30 each morning to to and practice before school. But it's been part of Riley's life for ever since she can remember, and she got so used to it, that if it would be any other way, it would seem weird to the female.

Riley was seventeen years old, turning eighteen in a few months, and she was, just like most teenagers her age, working her ass off to apply to colleges and get her GPA up to 4.0, so she could even have a slight shot at any college she would want to go to.

Her dream school was Yale, though her parents pushed the female to apply to Julliard, as they thought that their daughter should get a refund in spending all her childhood perfectioning her dancing. That idea, however, was not Riley's favorite.

She used to like dancing. But now, that she was practically forced into pursuing a career in dance, Riley just wanted to scream. But she would never tell her parents that. She wanted them to be happy. Even if that meant that she would have to do something she couldn't stand anymore for the rest of her life.

Her family was still asleep, as the female pulled her Volvo out of the driveway, however the whole city seemed to be dead at this time of the morning. But Riley was used to it. She has been seeing this scenario for a long time now, so she didn't really pay much attention to it anymore. It even amazed her if there was anyone else other than her, and the occasional three or four cars on the streets with her.

Dance practice was a torture, just like always. But Riley killed it. Just like always. She was alone in the studio, as no one really practiced at six am in the morning. Normal people did that in the evenings. Well, Riley did too, but she had an additional hour in the mornings as well. Her mother always said that the best time to practice was while one was on their own. And Riley always was on her own in the mornings. The owner of the studio gave her the keys a few years back, as Riley has been dancing at this studio since she was a little girl, and she felt like she could trust the young girl enough to trust her with a key.

Two hours and a shower later, Riley was sitting in class. She was exhausted. And somehow annoyed. It would always need a few hours for her to cool down after practice. She didn't even know herself why that was so.

Her French teacher entered the classroom and automatically wrote the word exam onto the blackboard, causing the whole class, but Riley, to groan. She didn't feel the need to groan along with the others, as Riley was the best one in every class, so she did not mind a test.

Only a few minutes after the exam papers got handed out, Riley was done with it, while everyone else was still going through their answers. The female got up, shot the teacher a slight smile and handed her papers over.

Due to the test normally taking a whole hour, Riley was allowed to leave the room, and spend the rest of the hour doing whatever she felt the need to be doing right now.

She chose to go outside and read a book for English class. Well, it wasn't mandatory for the class, but her teacher said that they could read a book or two to prepare for their next exams. So, Riley chose to play safe, and read Pride and Prejudice. For the third time actually.

Though, her attention wasn't on the book, as she saw some of the boys from the soccer team play, just a few feet away from her. Her attention mainly occupied with how the sun fell into Marquez's hair.