Seul-gi: 8

Seohyun kept on visiting me, and surprisingly, Taeyeon wasn't around as much as she used to be. I could only see Tiffany. Seohyun told me she's busy with her role as the COO of her dad's company. But when Seohyun first came here, she told me Taeyeon bought me flowers and a cake so I would feel better. And I did.

But the whole time I'm here, it was Sehun who kept me company. Thankfully, he's nice. I must've misjudged him because I saw him get really drunk, and he smokes. But when he's here, he's just still. Or fidgeting his phone. He's also very considerate. He asks me if I didn't like the hospital food.

I learned from him that he's the youngest son, and the only illegitimate. And that he's not really interested in his father's money. But he still wants to win his father's affection, but he's treated like 'shit'. Hence the clubbing every night.

He's also a very talented person. He can dance and rap. He even rapped in front of me, and it was amazing. Well, probably not Eminem-level, but he's still amazing.

And I also told him a lot of things about myself. About my parents that died in a car accident because of an argument. And how Seohyun's dad made me live with them. He didn't want me to leave their house, but I wanted to buy a place to call my own. And I shouldn't take too much from him even though he's my uncle.

I never told him how I got into the club in the first place. That place was the cause of our argument last time. I don't wanna argue with him while I'm in pain. And besides, I don't wanna start an argument with the person who paid for my bills in this hospital. I feel bad, but he says it's okay.

I suddenly remembered how those girls called me a 'charity case'. I'm not right? But aren't I really? I feel like I am. And this incident has proven their words to be true. I am a charity case! And I hate feeling this way because people will only see me that way.

But then... Why am I so worried? Am I even his girl? I don't think so. He's not mine to begin with. I am just a girl he accidentally bumped with his car, then gave him a ring so I couldn't pay for damages, and then met each other by chance. Right? It's all coincidents.

I tried reaching for the apple on the side table, but my arms are too short. He stood up and handed me the red apple. I smiled at him and thanked him. It was a small gesture, I know. But I feel like I need to thank everything he does for me.

"You're really stupid." He blurted out. "Why are you thanking me for an apple?"

"I was struggling. Thanks for ending my struggles." I said and bit the apple.

"Wow. You're so deep." He said sarcastically.

His phone rang, and when he checked who the caller was, he excused himself so he could answer it. I just decided to watch TV since I'm bored, and nobody has been texting me except Seohyun, Tiffany or Taeyeon.

I heard the door creak and smiled, thinking it was Sehun, when I saw a pink sleeve, I knew it was Tiffany. She's probably with Seohyun right now. But when she closed the door, Seohyun wasn't with her.

"Hey," She said and placed the blueberry cheesecake on the side table. "I hope you're not allergic to berries or cheese."

"Nope, I'm not." I smiled at her. "Thanks, Tiffany."

"Sure." She said and sat down. "I also hope you don't mind me visiting you."

"Of course not!" I said and smiled at her. "Thanks for visiting."

"Sure." She flashed her eye-smile and kept quiet for about a minute before initiating a conversation. "You know..." She said and looked at me. "I loved a guy once." I was quietly waiting for her to continue. "Then this guy... I had to leave him because his family's business was lacking in assets."

Ahh, business talk? "So, did you get back together now?"

"Ah, no. I think he's in love with someone else. But you know what hurts the most?" She looked at me with sad eyes. "He's happier with her than he was with me."

I was stunned, not knowing what to say. Should I comfort her? What could I say to make her feel better? But I'm not really good at this! I mean... I've never been in that kind of situation. Where someone is chasing someone. Is she asking for an advice?

"I'm saying this to you because I've seen that guy here ever since the first time we visited you." She said and looked at the door. Then she faced me. "I'm not saying you're like me, but there might be times that you'll feel unsure about everything, but if there's one lesson I learned, it's to treasure everything. That's one thing I never did. I took him for granted, and now... I want him back." She said and held my hand. "You'll realize how much you want him when he's gone."

"Uh, thanks..." I didn't know what to say. I am now speechless. "Anyway, I won't take long. Taeyeon needs me." She said and smiled. "Bye!"

"Bye..." I said and let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding this whole time.

*

I watched Sehun fidgeting with his phone all day, looking uncomfortable. I asked him what was wrong, and all he said was nothing. I couldn't ask him anymore because I am not his girlfriend. But this is making me feel uneasy.

"Hey." I called out to him, and thankfully, I took his attention. "If there's something you need to do, then do it. I don't mind being alone."

"Ah, no. This isn't important." He said and I saw him turn off his phone.

"Are you sure? You look really uncomfortable." I frankly told him.

"No, it's okay." He said and gave me a smile.

Of course, it's obvious that there's something wrong. I just don't get why he wouldn't just leave. I mean, I won't stop him if he did, and like I said, I'm fine alone. And aside from that, I would also want to be alone.

To think over things? We've only known each other for a short amount of time, and yet, here we are, acting like we're couples, but we're not. And I am still unsure. I mean, we shared each other's secrets, but... I still don't know him fully.

I don't know him well enough to be aware if he's mad, or irritated. I don't know if the smiles he throw at me are fake or sincere, and more importantly, I still don't know the real Sehun. I am with the kind-hearted Sehun, but if we take things lightly, I might make the wrong choice. He might not be good for me. Even if we're just friends.