Day 6

ANGGE

It's just the sixth day but my money's starting to run out and I don't want to go back home in less than a month because I'm already liking this place so much. I mean how can I not when I'm literally living in a place with good scenery and environment?

Fine, I admit that I'm getting attached to this place because of my neighbor. It's not just because I like hanging out with her but I'm also worried about her safety. She's sick yet she's living alone. If I leave when her sister isn't back yet, I would not be able to help her if someone would try to take advantage of her condition. My conscience will surely not allow me to be able to live peacefully if something bad happens to her. I know that we've only met and became friends recently but she already has a special place in my damaged heart. Don't ask me how because I have no idea.

So, last night I was thinking maybe I should get myself a job. It doesn't have to pay me that much, earning enough to get me food for this month would be enough. Besides, I won't be able to do much anyway. The problem is that I don't know what kind of work I'll be applying to with this condition that I have. Also, where will I look for a job?

Then, I suddenly remembered the store. The owner is looking after it alone. I wonder if she'd like to have a little help. I could be a cashier or cleaner. I can also organize the items. It will probably take time for me to finish doing something but I'll still be useful, that's for sure.

I'll try going there later but before that, I'll see what's up with Gayle first. I hope she already saw my picture today because it would save me some saliva later. It's not that I'm complaining about introducing myself over and over again. I just think that if she recognizes me, it'll save us time and we could immediately start talking about something else.

So, I am now on my way to her house. I know she's already awake because it's already seven and as far as I have observed, she usually wakes up before six. I knocked on her door a few times until she finally opened it. I smiled and greeted her, "Good morning, Gayle." To my surprise, she didn't give me a confused look this time. Instead, she smiled back at me and said, "Hi Angge, what brought you here?"

I literally paused for a while before my smile became wider. I just realized that she called me Angge and not Angelica Jhane which she usually calls me before I tell her to just call me by my nickname. This seriously makes me happy. Now, I feel like a proud mother.

"Did you just call me, Angge?" I asked enthusiastically which made her forehead crease. "Huh? I don't usually call you that?" She asked.

"You do but I'm just surprised that you already called me by that before I even tell you to. Damn, this is awesome," I said giddily. She just shrugged her shoulder and said, "Is that a big deal? By the way, you still haven't answered my question. What brought you here?"

I cleared my throat before I answered, "Well, as usual, I just came to check up on you."

"You always come here?" She asked and I nodded. "Thank you. By the way, would you like to join me? I was just about to eat breakfast." Who am I to decline free foods? Besides, it's Gayle inviting me. Come on, it's an honor.

"Sure," I enthusiastically said and she welcomed me to her place. We went straight to the kitchen and I helped her get the utensils before we start eating. For the nth time, I told her about me and the things we did during the previous days. As much as I want to stay longer, I had to leave because I have to find myself a job. So, I had to bid farewells to her for the moment.

I headed to the store and as usual, I took time walking because I'm afraid that my monitor would beep again. Now, I think I have to buy myself a bicycle.