More Than a Friend

*Gwen POV*

I look out into the distance. My eyes don't have a target. All around me, I see tall pointed buildings stabbing at the orange yellow morning above. This is one of my favorite parts of being Spider-Woman. Every day I get to stand atop of New York, and appreciate the city in ways no one else can. Even though I've only been Spider-Woman for two and a half months, my life has seriously changed. Becoming a superhero is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. I even got fans!... and haters. But the best part is-

Police Scanner: "We've got a situation on the Lower East Side!"

As soon as I hear the voice come from the police scanner I leap off the building. I stretch out my arms and form the rockstar symbol with my right hand. Faster than a bullet, a strong thick web shoots out of my wrist. I swing across building to building, shooting countless webs. Along the way, I flip and twist my body to gain more momentum, as well as for style.

Finally I reached a corner of Lower Manhattan. I see a shootout between police and some criminals. I do a quick scan to see if my dad is involved. In the middle of the shootout, there's a black van stopped sideways. There's two guys standing in front of the van. Two more guys are standing off to the corners of the van, one on each side. There's one more guy in the driver seat of the van, firing at the police. Across from the van, closer to the sidewalk, there's two police cars. Three cops, two standing at each end of one car, using the doors as a barricade. The last cop is doing the same on the driver's side of the second car. I can't see my dad's face anywhere, thank god. Then, I leap into the fight.

I jump off the 5 story building towards the guy on the right corner of the van. My foot connects with his jaw, sending him straight to the ground. Once my presence was known, the two guys in front of the van started firing at me. The guy at the other corner and the guy inside the van kept firing at the police. I flip and aerial towards the gun fire. Dodging each bullet. I roundhouse kicked the first guy, sending him straight into the side of the van. I front flip to the second guy. I shoot my webs to his gun and fling his gun to the left, taking it out of his arms. I then shoot a web to his forehead and swing him down to meet my knee. He falls backwards to the ground. I then flip around to the guy on the end of the van. I kick his gun out of his hands. I roundhouse kicked him and he fell to one knee. But soon he got back up. He swings, aiming close to my eye. I web the ground behind him and slide underneath him. Now behind him, I leap into the air and web his shoulders. I front flip while in the air, swinging him with me, and throw him to the ground. This time, he didn't get up. All of a sudden, I hear a loud ringing in my head, my spider sense. I look up and see the guy on the other corner, pointing his gun at me. He fires, I cartwheel to my right. I leap forward and run on the side of the van to reach him. Once I was close enough, I leaped off the van and kicked him in the face once again. He face plants on the ground, and much like the last guy, he didn't get up. One guy left. I look over my shoulder to see that he's still firing at the cops. I jump up to the top of the van and run to the passenger side. I step off the roof and leap through the passenger's window, kicking the guy inside the van in the process. I send him flying, he lands near the police cars.

After that whole thing, the cops arrested all the guys, even though most of them were unconscious. The cops checked the back of the van to find it mostly empty. Except for a couple guns, and a few workout bags full of cash.

???: "H-Hey Spider-Woman!"

I turn to see one of the cops speaking to me. By the looks of his eyes, you would guess he was seeing a galaxy being created.

Gwen: "Yes officer?"

???: "O-Oh, you can c-call me Sammy."

He said the last part really quietly.