|Blaza's POV|

I stabbed the pipe piece deep into the bot's skull (if they even had a skull). The bot's eyes turned blank and fell to the floor. Some black puddle was already forming under the corpse.

"Eughhh-"

I gagged.

"I didn't even know they could bleed-"

There was a brush of wind beside me and Meme reappeared back to his 'physical form'

"Chill, that's just some oil and probably battery juice."

Meme floated towards the corpse and poked on it several times.

"I think their dead."

He turned to me.

"OF COURSE I KNOW THEIR DEAD-"

I shouted in a hushed tone, gripping the cloth that I badly wrapped around my wounded shoulder.

"We.. we should probably go now-"

I was about to run further into the tunnel but Meme suddenly floated right in front of me and blocked my tracks.

"Wait! Can we loot this bot first?"

He pointed at the corpse, his eyes gleaming with excitement. My stomach lurched.

"Y-you don't mean for me to-"

I stuttered, not wanting to say it out loud. Meme folded his arms and slowly nodded.

"You know what I mean by loot."

He went over to the corpse and made a motion that he was tearing the bot's head open.

"Come on Meme- you can't be serious."

I gagged again and I felt like I was already suffocating in my mask.

"We need bot parts! Think about how many things we can learn and invent from fresh bot parts! Just.like.what.we.have.here."

He gestured towards the bot corpse again.

"I'm not going to do it."

I replied stubbornly and started to keep walking. But then my legs suddenly felt frozen cold as I was forcefully turned around and kneeled down in front of the corpse.

"You know Blaza, I can always posses you. Did you forget about that too hmm?"

He raised one of his eye and looked at me, knowing he won.

"You're sick Meme."

I grumbled and heaved the pipe out of the bot's skull, some bits of oil squirted on my mask.

"I know."

Meme responded, unbothered. I wiped some of the oil smudges off my mask and started to pry open some parts of the bot's skull as much as I could. I winced when I moved my shoulder.

"Can you also try to grab some of the shiny parts? I wanna take a look at them once we get home."

Meme asked joyfully, sounding like a child that was picking desserts at a bakery.

"Yes, yes, of course as I am doing the most disguising thing of the day."

I responded and rolled my eyes again. Meme had this weird obsession with shiny things. And I just wanted to get this over with.

"It doesn't look too bad, at least it's not an actual human brain, ha!"

Meme laughed even though what he just said didn't make me feel any better searching through the dead bot's brain.

This is going to give me nightmares now, great-

I tried to not pull my hand away when I felt some squishy and warm parts of the mechanical brain. My fingers searched and avoided the places that looked dangerous. Eventually, I felt a small smooth surface, a bit rigid on the edges but it was small, enough to fit in my pocket. I grabbed hold of it and pulled it out.

"Oooh what did you find?"

Meme peered over to my shoulder. I snapped the wires that was attached to the part that I took out. It turned out to be a green computer chip with small lines of wires and codes on it. I turned it around a couple of times to take a good look.

"Well, we got ourselves a chip. Can we go now?"

I turned to Meme. Meme frowned and didn't look satisfied at all with the result.

"But that isn't shiny."

He complained and let out a groan.

"One more time and I promise we can go."

He promised, crossing his heart. I sighed and held my breath till I pulled another random thing out. This time, it was a small spherical device attached to a set of two wires. The device was blinking red.

"Now are you satisfied?"

I held the small device up to Meme's face. He smiled and took the device from my hand.

"Yep, let's go."

———————————-
Words: 1318