006- Family business

(Kurai POV)
I decided to go back to my family for the weekends.

Me and my brother live in a small condo near the stores, away from our parents and sister.
I wasn't going to go with my brother, but sister insisted.
I always listen to sister.

"Hey Kurai." Balam called.

"Hi!~" I replied, speaking into her phone.

"Do you.. have some free time today or tomorrow?"

"Ahhhhh.." I gasped, "Sorry, I'm planning to going to go visit my parents with my brother!"

"Oh, I see..." Balam murmured.

"Sorry!~ But why?"

"Ah- no! Nothing!"

"Alright! See you at school~"

"Y-Yup."

I hung up, then started packing up.

---
"You ready? Father's carriage is coming to pick us up soon!" Kage, my brother reminded.

"Mmmhm!" I smiled, grabbing my suitcase and heading out to the front door.

We came down from our condo apartment and saw the carriage along with the driver.
"Hello, miss and mister Vox."

"Hey!" Kage waved.

"Please leave your baggage there, I will pack it up for you."

"Thank you, Devin." I grinned.

(In the carriage!)
Many people eyed the carriage from the outside in admiration, and I wasn't really phased by it. The Vox family is quite popular, so I've been famous since I was born.

"Hey, who're those delinquents you hang out with at school?" Kage asked.

"They're not delinquents! They just happen to get unlucky with school affairs.." I sighed, "The white haired guy is Balam Shichiro, and the black haired guy's Naberius Shichiro!"

"You're friends with some demons that're decently famous demon families." Kage hummed, as he stared at his phone.

We stayed in a relaxing silence.

"Hey.. Kurai?" Kage asked.

"If it's about older sister, I'd rather no--"

"Oh come on Kurai.. She can't haunt you forever. You need to learn to not care about other people's opinions aswell!" Kage groaned out.

"Older sister taught me everything I know now. She'll get mad if I do not obey." I sighed.

"Well, you better confront her when we get there! Plus, I'll be there with you!"

"Haah.. fine." I mumbled.
---

"Ahh! Kuri! Kagi! Oh, how I missed you so!!" Father burst out the door once the butler walked inside the house to tell him that we were back.

"Hey dad!" Kage opened his arms, waiting for a hug, only for father to run past him and embrace me.

"Father! I've missed you too." I giggled as he let go slowly.

"Let's go inside, your mother's waiting for you!"

I tried to open my mouth about how older sister was doing, but I didn't dare to. It wasn't the best time ask.

We all strolled back into the house to be greeted by mother sitting next to a table with a tea cup in her hands.

"My love! Our children are back from Bablys!" Father exclaimed excitedly.

Mother only let out a light chuckle, "You look more excited than the kids."

"Hi mom!" Kage smiled.

"Hey Kage." Mother laughed lightly as she stood up, "You all must be hungry! Let me go get the lunch i've prepared."

"Thank you mother!" I gleamed cheerfully. Oh how I've missed her cooking!

"You must tell me everything!" Father excitedly ushered.

And so me and Kage told our experiences at Bablys while enjoying mother's amazing food.

"Mmm..." Kage groaned out, "I'm so full that I can't even take another bite..."

"Oh, but there's still dinner, and dessert, and..." Mother started.

"Lets... worry about that later mother, You're going to make brother anxious!" I giggled.

"Ughhh.. must.. eat.. dessert... ugh." Kage mumbled out, "I'm gonna go to the bathroom.. Mmph! My stomach..!"

We all laughed quietly as Kage bolted to the nearest bathroom.

"So.." I started, "How's.. Older sister?"

Silence filled the air.

"Uhm.." Father started, "She's.. been doing okay... We've been trying to get her to do more activities around the house and maybe get a job."

"But it's no use." Mother sighed, "She's not willing to do anything! That wretched.."

"Please, mother, father. You must give it some time." I mumbled, knowing that they have tried so hard to get older sister out of her room.

"She's a degenerate. A disappointment." Mother grumbled, sipping on tea.

"Maybe if I.." I started.

"Oh no dear, you know how tempered she gets when you go in there." Father reminded.

"But maybe.. I could change her mind? Please, you must give me a chance, mother and father." I exclaimed.

Mother and father thought long and hard until mother sighed out and said, "Alright. But if she tries anythjng, don't hesitate to run out of the room or use self defence."

"Yes, mother." I said, standing up from my seat and walking to Older sister's room.

I took a deep breath before I creaked open the door and walked inside.

-☆-
A.N
You guys finally meet Kurai's sister!!
Don't be mad at her in the next chapter, be mad at me.