What I did know is that whatever she was feeling, she still came to pick me up. So I know she still cares.

I finished up my shower and stepped out, drying my body off with a towel I hung on the door.

I walked out of the bathroom, almost jumping out of my skin when I saw a body in the dark. "What the fu..." I yelled, gripping my towel tighter around my body.

"Just me." Scarlett said, coming out of the dark wine cellar. She held an unopened bottle in her hand. I watched as her eyes scanned my whole body, not even trying to hide it. "Um, just getting some wine." She held the bottle up.

I nodded my head and walked into Kaylee's room, holding eye contact as I shut the door.

A few hours had passed since I came downstairs and I heard my stomach growl. I finally decide it was time to eat, so I made my way up the dark staircase.

When I opened the microwave I found a plate that consisted of grilled chicken, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. Anything sounded amazing right now - I could probably eat a horse.

When I went to reheat the meal, I heard something I didn't think I'd ever hear.

Scarlett. Moaning.

"Ah, fuck" her voice echoed through my ears.

Are you kidding me? Of course I get put in this situation!

I tried to ignore it as I pressed the buttons on the microwave, but they just kept getting louder. I could literally hear her panting.

"Jesus."

No, Taylor, don't listen.

I counted down the seconded left.

Forty-three. Forty-two. Forty-one.

The seconds quickly passed and I managed to zone out the sounds, even though I'll admit it was hard. I went to grab the plate, but the next thing I heard I couldn't ignore.

"Fuck, Taylor, please."

Wait, what!

I dropped the plate to the floor and it shattered, my food flying all over the place.

So much for being quiet...

I was gonna pick up the pieces but when I took a step my foot landed in the pile of mashed potatoes and I slipped, falling in the mess of food and shattered plate. "Ow, fuck!" I yelled.

Right when I landed, Scarlett came out, only dressed in her robe that was tied loosely. "What happened? Are you okay?" She held out her hand but I shook my head.

"Pretty sure there's pieces of plate in my hand." I grunted in pain.

"Don't move. You have no shoes on." She left me sitting there and came back in her own pair of slippers holding a broom and a first aid kit.

I was still wincing in pain as she picked up the food and swept up the pieces quickly.

"Okay." She placed the broom to the side and looked to me. "Up on the counter is probably the best place." I nodded my head and hoisted myself up on there with the help of my one good hand. She was silent as she carefully dug the pieces out of my hand, causing me to curse every now and then. Soon enough she finally spoke. Which, thank God because her silence was deafening. "You know..." she started, holding my hand palm up, her body between my legs. "If you just wanted me to make you something else, you didn't have to throw it all over the floor, break the plate, and then slip in it." She looked up and showed her perfectly straight teeth.

Finally, a smile from her. Guess she wasn't mad at me.

I shook my head and let out a little laugh, "You know I'd never complain. It looked delicious. Now I'll just make a sandwich."

"I have something else you can have to eat." She said, her eyes not moving from my hand.

I know she probably didn't mean for that to sound dirty, but holy fuck it definitely did!

Then, her eyes darted up to mine, waiting for an answer. I slowly nodded my head.

"There." I watched as Scarlett grabbed a gauze wrap and wrapped it around my hand. "All done." She whispered, looking up to me - although my eyes never met hers. They were glued to her tan chest that had freckles painted all across it like little constellations. My eyes made their way down to the laced hem of her bra that was sticking out of the robe.

She's allowing you to check her out! She's not even trying to stop you!

Scarlett was still between my legs with her stomach pressed against the counter. I placed my hands on my knees, then looked into her blue eyes. "Thank you." I softly said, neither of us moving an inch. I watched as her tongue ran over her bottom lip, in slow motion in seemed like, and she nodded her head. I gulped as she just stared at me.

I had to break the silence. I had to say something.

"I honestly don't know what I would do without you." I smiled, looking down at my neatly wrapped palm.

She breathed in, closing her eyes as her eye lids fluttered. It almost seemed as if she was gaining strength in her mind.

Scarlett pushed off the counter, grabbing a paper towel and handing it to me. "For the mashed potatoes in your toes." Then she left me in the kitchen, almost as if what just happened didn't even happen.