First Kiss

"Tae?" Tiffany calls out softly when she saw taeyeon staring blankly at their hands with an unreadable expression on her face. She frowned when she felt taeyeon freeing her hand from her hold. 

"Tae?" She called again. 

"Huh? Oh oh." Taeyeon pretended to rub her eyes with her retrieved hand. She cleared her throat and fake a smile. "Wow, that was fast. But good, at least you're over him and willing to try again." She paused and grinned. "So who's the lucky guy this time?" Said Taeyeon excitedly in what she thought was an encouraging manner but she saw Tiffany looking away, averting her eyes instead of smiling back at her. 

Guy? Tiffany frowned and looked away.  it's you taeyeon-ah...

Taeyeon thought she had made Tiffany felt uncomfortable and she couldn't help but feel guilty. "Are you that uncomfortable telling me about him? Do I seem pushy and unable to respect your privacy? I'm sorry for that. It's just that we used to share nearly everything so I thought..." She stopped herself, knowing that she, too, wouldn't be happy to be forced into telling her friends something she wasn't ready to tell them yet. "I'm sorry. I won't ask you about him again and rest assured, I won't even tell anybody about what you just told me." 

"No, it's not th-..." Tiffany's sentence was cut short when taeyeon suddenly stood up. 

"Well, I hope you could be truly be happy with him this time round. Remember, you can always talk to me when you need someone." Taeyeon said, turning around. She clenched her chest, feeling a jab straight through her heart. It was the second time she needs to let Tiffany go and let her be happy. She can't do it anymore. This time she told herself she's letting her go once and for all. 

"Tae! Wait." Tiffany quickly call out when she noticed taeyeon was about to walk away. 

Taeyeon stopped but didn't turned around. She was trying hard to battle her tears. 

"Stay, please." Tiffany stood up. 

"I can't." Taeyeon answered honestly. 

"Why not?" 

"I just can't."

"Why?" Tiffany frowned. "I need someone to talk to. And I thought we were friends. Please." Tiffany begged. She didn't need someone to talk to, she just want taeyeon to stay. 

Taeyeon inhaled sharply. She became weak whenever Tiffany pleads to her. She knew she have to end this hide and seek, push and pull game once and for all. She turned around. "Look. I'll be honest to you from now on." She took a step closer to Tiffany. "I don't know what your reaction will be or what will happened to us after I say this. But I do hope we could still at least be friends." She took another step. Their bodies were now just inches from each other. "So listen.." She looked at Tiffany who was looking at her with much confused face. She smiled finding it cute. She took a deep breath before continuing her speech. "I.." She paused. She pushed all her nagging thoughts to the back of her head and shut down her reasonings. "I think I'm at the point where I've liked you for so long that it's just an automatic response for me. I don't know if I really still do, but whenever someone says your name, my heart beats faster. I still get jealous and you still have the power to ruin my entire day. But I have a feeling that's just the way it's going to be for awhile." She paused for air. "I know I need to move on, I just don't know if I can. I'm just not strong enough to move away from the one amazing person that's been on my mind forever. So do you think you could please make this easy for me and just love me back?" She said it all out, took a deep breath and finally looked up, only to see a shocked looking Tiffany with her mouth slightly agape.