Bless the Broken Road

"Woohoo, I'm free. I'm free. I can ran, jump, kick. I'm free!" Tiffany cheered loudly, running around the living room, jumping on the couch before running around again, the moment she entered the dorm. 

"Now now, fany. Remember what the doctor said. You still have to take care of your leg. " Taeyeon said as she put her bag onto the couch before slumping her body beside it. She have just return from accompanying Tiffany to the doctor to remove her cast. 

Tiffany finally calmed down from her excitement and sat beside taeyeon. "Thanks for taking care of me, all this while taetae. "She said as she turned around to face taeyeon and give her the bestest sincere smile. 

Taeyeon saw the smile and gulped. She stare intensely into Tiffany's eye and unconsciously smile. You're so pretty when you smile like that. I miss that happy smiles of yours. She then shifted her eyes back to Tiffany's lips and continue staring. 

She opened her mouth to answer Tiffany but closed back again when nothing came out. She was lost in Tiffany's gaze and her pretty eyesmile. 

Tiffany smiled wider when she saw taeyeon spacing out. She scooted closer and reached out for taeyeon's loose fringe, tucking it behind her ears. Taeyeon froze and didn't move when she felt Tiffany's hand lightly brushing the side of her face. She looked up but looked down again when she saw Tiffany's face being so close to her, avoiding her eyes. 

"Thank you taetae." Tiffany took taeyeon's hands and hold it. She lifted taeyeon's face by the chin so that she can look at her in the eye. "Thank you." She smiled. 

Taeyeon meekly nodded and her eyes inadvertently went to Tiffany's lips again. She took a deep breath, steadying herself. She really wanted to kiss Tiffany. Tiffany noticed where Taeyeon was looking. Her smile started to fade. She gulped nervously. Taeyeon slowly leaned forward and closed her eyes. Tiffany took a deep breath and swallowed. She too closed her eyes, waiting for taeyeon's lips to touch hers. 

Both jerked and opened their eyes when a sudden ringing tone startled them. They both looked at each other in the eye and awkwardly looked away when they realised what they almost done. 

Tiffany quickly rummaged through her bag in search for the ringing device and answered it. 

"Hello. Yes, I'm at the dorm...What?! You're here? Ok, I'll head down in a minute.Meet you at the park nearby. Bye." Tiffany said in English before ending the call. She kept her phone and looked down on her lap. 

"Nickhun?" Taeyeon was the first to break the awkward atmosphere. 

"D-dae."