A pair of cold eyes are scanning through an endless list of names.

The room quietened. Even the most powerful man in the entire building didn't dare to spit out a word. Not being intimidated, but out of respect.

"These are just a bunch of nobodies." He muttered under his breath but loud enough for everyone in the room to listen. It's not like he didn't intend to offense anyway.

"I know this will be the cheapest project for this year but these are the only people we can get?" His voice full of pity still slices through the old man's heart across his seat.

"Listen, Beomgyu. This is also your first project so I can't let-"

"Are they even actors?! Did you tell them that they're being cast for extras or what?"

Beomgyu stood up. A hint of frustration flashed on his face.

"Find me better actors. I don't want some ugly morons ruining my first drama for me."

The old man flinched at his own son's disdain. It's a daily thing but he still can't get used to it unlike how the latter can just easily rolls off a gut-wrenching insult from his tongue.

Mr. Choi stood up as well, a frown on his forehead. Maybe this is what he got for refusing to discipline his son, for letting him become the spoiled brat he is now.

Before the father got to open his mouth, Beomgyu spoke up first, "What? Are you going to yell at me?"

Beomgyu scoffed when he saw how his father's lip shut tight, mind redrawing back whatever he intended to tell him.

And just like that, the young brunette strides his way to the exit. Holding the casting paper in his hand, just to throw it away into the trashcan next to the door and then proceeded to storm out of the room.

"What a nuisance."

Beomgyu sent a glare to the person next to him, who just blurted out the complaint.

"What? I was just voicing out your thoughts right now, wasn't I?" Huening Kai grinned teasingly.

"I'm the only one that can voice out my own opinions." Beomgyu said back, adding a little side smile at the end of his sentence.

"Right, I was wrong. Forgive me, your majesty." The dark-haired man chuckled. He slightly bows his head in Beomgyu's direction as a joke.

"I thought you'd be in your worst mood today. But the snarky comeback and the little smile earlier informed me that I was mistaken."

"You're not exactly wrong. Fortunately, I spared out some energy to tolerate you this time." Beomgyu gave a forced smile and rolled his eyes at the same time.

They're in a car, driven by Kai. It was half past five, the usual time for them to have an evening out every Thursday. Beomgyu particularly picked that day out of the weekdays for an inexplicable reason. The fourth day of the week isn't that interesting to him, not much happening that day. He didn't expect much for today either.