𝒙𝒊𝒙. past comes biting back

Beginne am Anfang

      Lo'ak halted from the question, shrugging his arms around as he turned and faced the others, "'Cause she's such a crybaby. She's all, 'I'm telling. You're not supposed to go to the battlefield. I'll tell mom if you don't let me come,'" Le'ah tried to hold on in her laugh at her brother's imitation of Tuk, whereas Spider loudly laughed. Kiri told Lo'ak to stop teasing the girl whilst Tuk stuck her tongue out to the boy.

      Le'ah smirked, seeing her brother's annoyed expression and shrugged her shoulders, "you deserved that," Lo'ak went to say something to his twin sister, but couldn't as she ran ahead in front of everybody, leading them to where they found a ship caught by vines, floating in the air. The twins and Spider climbed up, observing the machinery with a tint of amazement in their eyes. Le'ah was so caught up in checking out the thing that she incoherently heard Tuk calling out from below, not knowing what she said.

      Lo'ak climbed on the side, looking into the ship, and Le'ah got on all fours and slid inside. Seeing the gun that was sticking out on the side of the ship, intact with the metal as she tried to pull, she guided it to Lo'ak's head on the side and acted like she shot the boy. Lo'ak rolled his eyes, reaching in and pulling one of Le'ah's braids, causing her to wince in pain.

      She dropped the gun, pouncing on Lo'ak and come colliding down from the ship and onto the branch below them. It didn't hurt but took the two by surprise. Yet, they continued to tumble on each other before they heard Tuk call out for the both of them, stating that Kiri and Spider had gone missing. With hesitance, the twins let the other go and went looking for the two that were missing.

      Le'ah wasn't worried like Tuk—the youngest girl just wanted to find their sister and make sure they made it home before eclipse. Kiri was known for her free spirit, venturing off on her own as she had a thing with nature that Le'ah didn't understand. Lo'ak called out for their sister and Spider, seeing the human boy crouched next to Kiri, "Kiri!" Tuk reminded the girl that they had to get back, and the girl wasted no more time in getting up with Spider's support.

      They continued making their way through the forests, trying to make it home before the moon came shining over the sun. However, Le'ah and Lo'ak paused at the same time, catching their sights on the footprints embedded in the dirt. Spider crouched to where the twins inspected the tracks whilst Kiri called out to the three, "what is it?"

      "We're always supposed to be home by eclipse," Tuk spoke softly, making their way to the three.

      Spider gazed at the twins, watching as their eyes carefully wandered around the area before Lo'ak spoke up, talking about the prints, "they're way too big to be human," Spider asked if it could be an Avatar, to which Lo'ak found it more likely, "maybe. They're for sure not ours," Without having to be told, Lo'ak, Le'ah and Spider got up from where they were crouched and followed where the footprints led. Kiri called out for them, asking what they were doing but was shushed by Lo'ak, "shh. Tracking."

      Le'ah's eyes widened at the metal shack with plants outgrown on it. Yet, the girl gasped when she saw about six avatars standing, loaded with guys and wearing camo gear. Before the others came, she put a finger to her mouth, alerting them to shut up and get down behind the bushes, "we are never supposed to come here," Kiri stated, gazing at the twins—mostly at Lo'ak, "dad is going to ground you ... for life."

      Lo'ak rolled his eyes at his sister's actions, yet Le'ah clicked her tongue, and Lo'ak gazed at her, shaking his head, "what? I mean, she's right, Lo'ak. We shouldn't have come here. You know if Neteyam was here, he'd drag our skxawng asses back to High Camp."