Return

Michael's Pov

I've lost track of time, but it feels like it's been months since I left. The second I saw the blood on my hands and Sonic looking up at me, I knew I could never truly change. So, I decided the best way to protect everyone was to remove myself. They still haven't found me, assuming that they've even been looking for me, which I highly doubt.

I guess Sonic's friends were right about me; I'd never change. I don't know why I thought I could. You can't change who you are and who I am is a murderous monster, a plague to society, an unholy abomination, and everything else I've been called. Plain and simple; I'm a menace, always have been and always will.

I've been hiding out in the forest. It hasn't been ideal, but I have what I need to survive. I was gathering food when I saw the doctor fly over-head. If he noticed me, he chose not to acknowledge me. He was heading straight for town. For whatever reason, I decided to follow him.

I ran towards town, stopping when I came to the edge of the forest. I started wondering what would happen if someone saw me before I realized that if I was Metal Sonic, then surely I can make the same stealthy movements I did back then. I stuck to the shadows, moving as quickly and quietly as I could to avoid any attention.

I looked around and saw people running away and Sonic and his friends are fighting Eggman in his Death Egg robot. I guess he must have repaired it since I destroyed it as Neo Metal. I then noticed something different about it; a strange, durable panel in the center of its chest. Then I remembered seeing a blueprint he was working on for a way to have the Chaos Emeralds increase its power. If he actually pulled it off, they're gonna need all the help we can get.