one |✧

chapter one •

• chapter one • ❁ ❁ ❁

7 months. 7 months since the world got invaded by the Eshpheni.

Jessica Hunter was walking to her brother's school when the invasion started. She was on her phone when she saw this dark shadow hover over her head and on the foot path, she looked up and her heart skipped a beat when she realised what was happening. She picked up her pace and then ran her way to go get him and take him home to grandma. When they got there, it was too late, she was gone.

•••

Jessica calls the aliens Bugs and the mechanical beasts, Bots. They kill all the adults and capture the children and 'harness' them with some sort of parasite that attaches itself onto your spine and controls you, it gives you incredible strength and stamina. Their home base took over Boston and other cities and capitals. I lived Cambridge, Massachusetts.

•••

About a week later they started to harness children, Jason, her brother, and Jessica were on the run, the Bugs were after them. In an attempt to capture Jason, they ended up electrocuting him in order to knock him out, but ended up stopping his heart. In Jessica's remorse she tried to get revenge but they instead captured her and tried to harness her, but when it did, it disconnected and it and fell off but the spikes of the harness stayed intact.

•••

They continuously tortured her, trying to find out why she was different from the rest and day by day she started to feel emotionless and weak. They kept her as a prisoner with all the other harnessed kids.

•••

Jessica was on the street in chains with a bug following her around while she does hard labor. A couple of other harnessed kids were doing hard labor as well, they all were collecting scrap metal.

"Rick! Ricky! Rick!" Mike yelled, a father of a child who is harnessed. The bug sprinted towards the noise, and the bot as well. Mike picked up a harnessed kid, Rick. With a distraction in place, Jessica took the opportunity to run to a building attempting to get her chains off.          

BOOM!

Jessica looked out the door and saw a truck drive off and two people were stunned by the Bot. Jessica eventually got her chains off and attempted to escape but a Bot found her.

"No! Please! No! No -!" She yelled. She was cut off by the Bot stunning her.

•••

She awoken with a Bug tazering her. She screamed in pain, and it dragged her up and pushed her forward. There was a group of kids standing in front of a Bot and the Bug pushed Jessica next to the Bot. There was a man lying on the ground, Hal. He was part of a resistance that were trying to take back the harnessed children. Hal woke up and slowly stood up. The Bug hissed and growled, commanding the Bot fire at the children. Jessica looked at Hal, she turned her head to show him that she doesn't have a harness and gave him an expression of reassurance.

The Bot started firing and killed all the kids.

"No!" Hal yelled. Jessica gasped and tears escaped her eyes. The Bug looked at her and tilted it's head. Jessica looked down, then looked at Hal.

"Run," She spoke to him. "They're letting you go -Run." She sobbed. He turned and ran.

The pushed her back to the hospital and put her in a room with no windows and left. She was tired, hungry and thirsty.

"Please. Just get me out of here."

- guys! i'm finally re-writing this god forsaken story, and maybe, just maybe, i might continue it! woop woop xo