Wednesday; 7: 57 AM

cw: uhhhhhh theres poop here

«««-»»»

It was amazing what country air does for the body. On any other day, Jin would have been unable to be awoken any time before 2 in the afternoon. Not even a fire would have dragged him from his sleep and into the waking world—one such occasion with Namjoon in the kitchen could attest to that.

But miraculously, Jin peeked at his alarm and found that he woke up at an appropriate time for the second consecutive day.

The conversation with Namjoon (as well as three nosy maknaes) was—much as he didn't want to admit it—enlightening. He said last night that he was basically done with this place and could just leave—which was true.

But Seokmin was in the mix now. And he couldn't leave just like that.

If he was being honest, he was still unsure of where he stood with the baby. He was endearing, sure. But all babies are endearing. He felt a sort of

Jin wondered whether he could picture a life where he could care for Seokmin and still juggle the busy life of a performer.

Theoretically, he could. Though he worried whether he could provide a life as good as Byulyi was striving to give him.

He would always be away on tours, would be busy with interviews and singing and whatnot. He had to be present in plannings and meetings and recordings.

And when the majority of his life was dedicated to working, could he really be a father at all?

Perhaps the better question was, was he ready to give all of that up?

Jin turned the faucet on with a heavy sigh. It wasn't even 8 for crying out loud. So early in the morning and he'd already been plagued with thoughts for Seokmin.

And as for Byulyi...

He splashed cold water on his face, waking him up from sleep and dizzying thoughts. Seokmin was fair game.

Byulyi was not.

'No use dwelling on the past Jin,' he thought to himself as he spat out toothpaste, 'Just let it go.'

He ambled slowly towards the guest room again when he passed by Seokmin's slightly ajar door. He heard soft babbles and cooing from the other side, signaling that the boy was already awake.

Pocketing his toothbrush, Jin pushed the door open. He walked inside and straight towards the wooden crib on the far end of the room.

He peeped through the crib and found Seokmin, eyes wide open as he stared at his flexing fingers overhead.

A smile unconsciously slipped on Jin's lips.

"Good morning Seokmin-ah."

The eyes of the small ball of sunshine shifted to him. They widened slightly as his lips curved to a toothless—oh sorry, four toothed smile. He kicked his chubby legs furiously as he munched on his balled fist.

Jin bowed to touch the baby's wrist, gently pulling his fingers away from his gums. "Aigoo you're a cutie you know that," he chuckled, "No wonder your eomma loves you so much."

The baby rolled over and Jin watched him with mild astonishment as he situated himself to sit. Then Seokmin reached over to him with open palms.

Jin blinked.

Seokmin whined and began to stand up, bracing himself against the wooden beams of the crib so that he could reach for Jin again.

Though a bit unsure, Jin took Seokmin by his armpits and carried him in his arms. The child was big and lumpy but he was still mildly shocked by how heavy the small thing was.