After Mary filled him in on her day, he asked to remind both himself and her, " So, you need a poster board for class, correct?"

"Yup," she replied, and added, "and stuff to make it look nice."

"Well, that we probably have at home in the arts and crafts cupboard. I will admit this does work out perfectly since I need to make a run to the store, anyway," Ben humbly admitted. Before they had to go make the rounds to pick up Miguel and Mary, Ben went through the stuff they kept on hand for kids coming in, and noticed they were low on a few things. They usually take the kids shopping once they move in, but sometimes they're not able to right away. So Ben and Kayla tried to keep stuff on hand until then, especially if the kid comes to them late at night.

"You mean for dinner?" Mary asked.

Ben nodded while staring ahead. "That, and a few other things we're low on that we'll discuss tonight when Kayla gets home." He then informed them of the change of plan, including that Kayla will be home around seven.

Mary and Miguel both excitedly asked, "Are we getting a new kid?" They nearly shot out of their seats if it weren't for their seat belts.

"We will discuss it then," he repeated. Ben should have known better to say as much as he did, but wanted to give a head's up that they would be having a family meeting, to prepare them. Thankfully, Claudia kept her word about not saying anything when the siblings kept insisting, asking if it was a new kid and if it was a boy or girl. Since the last boy left, Miguel had been hoping for another one, especially his age, to play with. Ben could already see the disappointment he'll have when Miguel learns it's another girl. He insisted they would have to wait for now. But they pretty much already figured it out, including Miguel, who sang how he hopes it's a boy to himself all the way to Walmart.

At the store, Ben grabbed stuff for both boys and girls, including shampoo, toothbrushes, hair ties, which Mary helped pick out, and hair gel and mousse in case they eventually get another boy later on down the road, who likes to use that stuff.

Mary picked out a yellow posterboard and wanted to get glitter glue pens for it, since there weren't any in the arts and crafts cupboard. Ben gave in and said to toss them in the cart.

While in line, Ben let them pick out a piece of candy since they were helpful and respectful in the store. Though he might have spoken too soon when Miguel provoked Claudia and the two got into a playful teasing match, poking each other and Miguel would quickly dash out of reach on the other side of the cart and got a little too loud with his squeals.

He looked over from where he was waiting to swipe his debit card, to gently scold them."Miguel, Claudia, enough. We're in a store, not a playground."

Miguel was the one to say, "Sorry, Tio."

Ben had to scold Claudia a second time when she snuck in one last poke under the boy's armpit, and warned if she continued a third time, he was taking back the chewing gum Claudia had chosen.

Outside, the girls raced to the truck, trying to snag the front seat this time. Since Claudia had the longer legs, she got there first. So, Mary reluctantly climbed into the back seat with her brother.

"Can we listen to the Vegetable CD?" Miguel asked while Ben was checking text messages he had on his phone, one from a friend, and the other was from Claudia's case manager. Ben had informed he had taken her out of school for the day, and her case manager had just gotten back with him.

Claudia was flipping through the radio stations. "No way, anything but that," she moaned back at him.

"But, we listened to your music all the way to Mary's school and the store," he argued in a whining voice.