"Is that all he does well?" Y/n mumbled, looking over at her sister with suggestive eyes. When Juli kept her gaze forward, a slight crawl of blush covering her cheeks, Y/n's eyes widened. "Stop because I was kidding. Are you being for real?"

"It's new—"

"He's gross!"

"He's changed. He's a good guy."

"He literally just sent a Christmas card with his face on a Christmas tree. Literally, he put his face as the star on the tree and said 'have a Merri-um-Christmas?" Juli's serious expression cracked into an amused smile as Y/n laughed. "With literal hyphens in between. It was terrible."

"God, I told him not to send that. Puns aside though, he's nice and caring and just carry's himself differently when we're in the office versus when we're at home."

Home?! Y/n thought but refrained from saying anything. She kept her mouth closed but noted the use of words for something to be 'new' in retrospect.

"I suppose."

The rest of the way to the condo was silent as they both went into their own minds. The scene of the crime was scrubbed by the detectives and deemed safe to return to with caution. There would be officers surveying the area around the clock and check ups every hour. Safe to say, they would be safe.

"Home sweet home." Juli said, sighing as she parked in the drive way, the both of them sliding out with ease. "Isaac will be off in a few and then we can all hang out, yeah?"

"Actually.." Y/n smiled sheepishly as she stared out at the blue car parked just a few houses down from theirs. "I have to turn in my part of an assignment to a friend. It's a group um group project type thing. I just have to drop it off really quick then I'll be back."

Juli eyed Y/n as her sister made a beeline for the sidewalk instead of taking her bike.

With a pep in her step, Y/n continued forward, smile wide as her eyes connected with the brown eyes that were watching her every step.

The window already making its way down, Y/n leaned into it with a smug look on her face. "Hey stalker." The brown eyes rolled as she clicked the unlock button on the car, nonverbally signaling Y/n to get in. And she did. "Miss me?"

"It's too early to be annoying." She said, eyes now looking around the street. "Why are there cops in front of your house?"

Y/n shifted in her seat, trying to seem unaffected as she shrugged. "Heard there was a burglary, who knows." She looked at Y/n skeptically, resulting in the other now rolling her eyes. "Sam, as much as I love your non trusting eyes, I very much haven't eaten today and would like some tacos so.."

Sam hummed before putting the car into drive and moving them down the street, past the cops who were just walking back from Y/n's house. They kept a hard gaze on her as she smiled while passing by.

Y/n was as calm as anyone innocent could be with a handful of cops watching their every move, then surpassed it by tenfold.

"How about tacos later?" Y/n looked over at Sam with raised eyebrows as the former glanced at her, the smallest hint of a smirk crossing her lips. "I did miss you a little and my sister won't be at the house until later.."

Y/n smirked. "You speak my language so well."
-

And speaking languages they did. A bit of French and a touch of Australian.

Sam watched Y/n slide her shirt over ever head, the same cocky smile she usually had displayed. Moving to New York wasn't in her plans, but neither was getting with her younger sisters classmate.