Prologue

On a distant planet called Terrene, the children love stories. They rush to the middle of a small library where a worn cloth chair is occupied by a wise old storyteller they lovingly call Mabes. She brings each story to life, animating every word. Mabes' stories tell of heroes, royalty, dragons, and aliens captivating every child's attention and bringing something they can relate to.
"Tell the princess story!" A little girl with red hair bounces with excitement before the rest of the children can take a seat at the old lady's feet.
"She told that one yesterday." A boy complains. The redhead mocks him.
"Tell the one about space!" Another child pipes in. Soon the room is filled with suggestions, but one meek little boy with brown hair and round glasses slowly raises his hand.
"What story do you want to hear, my child?" Mabes questions with a soft smile and the chatter immediately disappears.
"The one with the boat ...and the monsters." His hesitant voice responds.
"Ahh, the one with lost memories. The Journey of Norman."
Mabes relaxes in her chair and closes her eyes for a moment, searching for a place to start. Only the humming of the lights can be heard as the dark-skinned old woman with long white hair finds a way to start.
She opens her eyes and leans forward, "Norman's journey starts with snow... lots of snow."