While the new terms were being discussed between the two houses, the Queen who never was watched with a heavy heart...

Not sure about her husband, but with her daughter death she certainly learned how much of cruel place this world is. Here, life moves on in pace swifter than waves washes over the shore.

oOo

Despite the temporary show of unity, the house of the dragon departed Driftmark divided. Princess Rhaenyra's side which later came to be known as the Blacks and the Queen's side which later came to be known as the Greens.

oOo

After marrying her uncle Daemon Targaryen, Princess Rhaenyra has ultimately found her true happiness. She finally has a husband! A husband that Laenor Velaryon admittedly could not bring himself to be. Her boys now have a fierce, strong, proper and responsible man as a father figure in their lives to guide them to adulthood.

It helped immensely that both parties accepted each other with open arms. Daemon naturally blended in as the boys father whilst her sons, even though they addressed the man by his name, accepted him into their lives nonetheless. Giving Rhaenyra the beginning she earnestly looked forward to.

Ever since moving to Dragonstone her life has been nothing but contained and colourless. Then came the news of Ser Harwin's death, which took away everything solid and real from her. Leaving her as a body made of flesh and bones, with a heart that beats and bleeds to stay alive for her children, that's all.

It was at her cousin Laena's funeral, where Rhaenyra understood how much she needed her uncle.

They're meant to burn together.

Providentially, the mishaps at the funeral acted as an eye opener for Laenor. It prompted him to see the picture from different light. His family was in danger and he was nowhere near to defend them. His wife was injured and he had no clue about it till next morning. Their son was thrown down the stairs and he could not bring the boy justice. His incompetence stood before him apparent. And as an honest and intelligent man Laenor decided to move away from his family, never to be found again. Leaving his wife to pursue her happiness while he pursued his.

And she did!

With the addition of having Daemon and his daughter Rhaena has made Rhaenyra's family complete. In a house full of boys, now she has a daughter to keep her company.

Baela was also welcome, the older twin not only turned down Rhaenyra's offer but also stood bravely against her father's intimidating persistence and firmly against her sister's gentle persuasion. She was determined not to leave her grandmother's side. How could she abandon her grandmother in the time of her loneliness. After all, it was not her father or Princess Rhaenyra that consoled and comforted her and her sister during their mother's funeral. It was their grandmother who held them protectively through that difficult time while everyone, including their own father remained distracted with the Targaryen family drama.

One thing Baela never shared with anyone including her sister was that she saw... she saw Princess Rhaenyra following after her father that evening. And the two weren't seen until the chaos later at night. At that time Baela thought nothing of it. However, the mysterious death of her uncle soon after and following that, the hastiness at which her father and his niece married, only cemented the whispers of there whereabouts that evening. Although she never said it out loud but Baela shares her grandmother's suspicion on the involvement of those two in her uncle's death. Therefore she understands and validates her grandfather's resentment towards Princess Rhaenyra. Her personal feelings aren't too far from that angle. It's those feelings that make her adamant to never leave Driftmark.