XIII

I know, I know, this is really short and you're all mad because you've been waiting forever and gosh I have no idea how to explain. I have been SO extremely busy these days and I thought that since school is finished for me for the year, I would have more time but I also started working this past week and it is HECTIC. Lol. I get home really late nowadays and I'm so tired but I wrote this for you guys and I know it sucks but I'm sorrrrryyyyy. I promise I will try to get a much longer and more interesting chapter posted very soon inshallah! <3 <3 <3

--Pagli

OH PS. THE SONG AT THE SIDE SUITS THIS CHAPTER SO PERFECTLY. I HONESTLY AM OBSESSED WITH RAHAT FATEH ALI KHAN AND I LOVEEEEEE THIS SONG SO PLEASE LISTEN (FOR ME) *Puppy dog eyes.* I love it, really. And the dramaticness goes oh so well with this chap so yeah. And the gif, too. ^.^

"Where are you going?"

Sabah turned at the guy's question, her heart beating loudly against her ribcage. He was staring at her in utter confusion, his tone so full of innocence that she almost pitied him. It seemed like he really didn't understand the situation.

She stared into his face for a moment, racking her brain for something to do or say to appease his unimpeachable inquiry but coming up blank. In the end, she simply tried to twist her hand out of his grasp, already having exceeded her level of comfort given the circumstance. When his hold simply tightened, however, she realized that he was not as innocent as he was trying to appear, but far wiser and sharper than that.

A sudden panic seized her throat at the thought that he might actually try and hurt her and she quickly tried to move away from him, but his hold on her wrist remained firm. "I-" she began, her eyes darting from side to side in fear. Before she could finish her sentence however, a rough hand pulled her own from inside the stranger's and pushed her away from him. Sabah gasped, stumbling and nearly falling when the same hand caught her and pulled her into the side of a hard body.

She looked up to find Salim glaring-not at her for once-but at the guy across from them, his eyes glinting fiercely. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he spat at him, his jaw tightening in anger. The guy stared back at him in surprise and then looked away.

"Uh...I...I was just..." he trailed off as he his eyes met Sabah's. She quickly looked down at her hands, avoiding his uneasy gaze and focusing instead on the sweat making her palms prickle uncomfortably. "I didn't realize she was your girlfriend."

The guy rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and began stepping backwards, away from Salim. The term, said so openly and without censor, made Sabah blush. She swallowed, trying to banish the heat from her cheeks-after all, the situation did not appropriate it-but failed miserably, especially when she heard Salim's next words, said just as casually as the guy's, as if he had been saying them his whole life.

"Try wife, you fucking bastard," he growled, moving towards him predatorily, Sabah still safely hiding behind him and clutching his shirt in cowardice. All traces of shyness and discomfort around him had seemed to vanish as she stood on her tiptoes to peer over his shoulder at the guy, watching with wide eyes as a stricken look crossed his face and he tried to find a way around Salim's large, overpowering physique and unsurprisingly failing.

"Look, man, I'm sorry, alright," he said, avoiding his glowering stare and continuously running a hand through his now fairly disheveled hair.

"You should be, you worthless piece of shit. Flirting with women so freely when you have no idea whose wives or girlfriends they could be. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself," Salim snarled, shoving him into the railing and watching as he quickly recovered and then scampered away, wisely seizing the open opportunity before he could cause him any more damage.