26. The Bottle of Firewhisky

Start from the beginning

Hermione couldn't ignore it. She sighed, biting the bottom of her lip. "I, I guess I could ... check in on Draco today. And besides, you two should go on your honeymoon, finally! We'll keep you posted." She said and the second the words left her lips, she instantly regretted it.

"Really? You'd do that for us?" Pansy asked with a beaming grin. "Oh, thank you so much, Hermione! You're a saint!" She said, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"No problem, really. It's sweet of you to push back your honeymoon to stay with Draco ... but you two have been pushing back a lot of things for his sake. Go on your honeymoon today, I'll look after him."

"Thank you. I've been dying to go to Venice for months and I'm so glad I can finally go. And it's even better since we're leaving Draco in good hands." Pansy said with a wide grin. "I'm sorry if I'm springing this on you ... I know things are still a little ... " She awkwardly sighed. "you know, between you two."

"Yeah, it's no problem. I'd be more than happy to let you two finally go on that honeymoon. Have fun,"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. Draco is at her house - and he plans on staying there until he hears back from his mother." Pansy informed her.

"Okay," Hermione said and then Pansy left with her drinks. Hermione stood in the middle of the shop and cursed under her breath. What the hell did she just agree to do?

Hermione shook her leg furiously as she nervously stared at the clock. She tapped her nails across her table repeatedly, biting the bottom of her lip. It had been six hours since she agreed to visit Draco. It's just ... she knew she had to visit him since she agreed but ...

Someone knocked on her door and she instantly looked up. It was Ron. "Hey,"

"Hey," Hermione nodded as she stopped shaking her leg and held her hand in her other to stop herself from tapping her nails across the table.

"How are you? You seem ... nervous." Ron stated, walking into her office and sitting down on the edge of her table.

"I just ... have a lot on my mind."

"I can tell. You've took up about twice as many cases than everyone on a normal day."

"Yeah," Hermione stated as she looked up at him. "Actually I'm just ... thinking about something - I heard from a friend of mine. Her mum was totally fine just a few days ago and she just ... suddenly locked herself up in her room and refuses to talk to anyone. And my friend is concerned because his-her mother is ... acting up."

Ron furrowed his eyebrows as he cleared his throat. "Who's this friend?"

"A friend you don't know," She quickly replied. "What do you think might be ... going on with her mum?"