a few seconds later he broke the hug, "i ran away that night because i wanted to be alone, and i was sure no one would really notice with all the fuss going on. it was late and i was crying on a random bench i dont know where, thats when.. sung hee came up to me." he said, i got a bit weirded about him bringing her up out of nowhere, but i let him continue.

"i dont know if she was drunk, but she asked me if i was okay. i didn't tell her anything because obviously, but we decided to stay in touch. we were good friends until she found out i was rich, and then you know what. i wasn't hurt though. i guess i used her to distract myself and she used me for money, so it was fair game"

"distract yourself from what?"

"home"

i nodded, its weird and doesn't justify things he's said to me or the way he's treated me, but i guess it makes sense. "sorry, i didn't mean to put all this up on you, but i guess i had to say it to someone"

"you've never told anyone this before?"

he shook his head, "how many people do you think i've known?"

"right.." i mumbled. the air around was getting normal again, "should we go back? its getting cold" he asked, i nodded.

we walked back downstairs and i entered my room, when he was about to get into his i called him out, "hyunjin!" he looked back at me confused, "it wasn't your fault" i said calmly. this time he didn't argue back and just gave me a dull smile. "night, y/n" he said and went into his room.

i got in as well and leaned on my door with a huge sigh as i shut it, finally giving myself time to process. she asked me if i was okay. that's what you failed to do y/n, you failed to ask him if he was okay. i grabbed some water and went to bed.

next morning

I was fixing my room because i called aera over, it was originally to study for the math test next week but we figured we could also watch movies and have some fun after that. after making my room look decent i decided to take a shower and fresh up a bit, especially because of how tired i look. yesterday was one hell of a roller coaster. another reason i hate them.

by the time i finished i had a text from aera, i already sent her my address before going to shower so she said shes out. i texted her back and walked to my closet to get a outfit. im not dressing up or putting on makeup because we're just gonna be at home anyway. i already bought some snacks so now we're all set! mom is already gone so there's no one to disturb.

-

about half an hour later, i got a call from her saying she's here so now im walking downstairs to pick her up. i see her getting out of the uber and quickly wave at her with a smile.

"heyyy" she said as she walked over, i invited her in. "woah, you're.. rich" she said looking at my house from the inside, i smiled. "don't i look rich?"

i lead her to my room and we settled down in my desk, "i really dont feel like studying at all" she said with a sigh as we got our books out. "honestly me neither, should we study in the end instead?" i said with a smug smile. i dont know why we make these study sessions at all, we literally do everything but study.

"we can always make changes, the test isn't that important anyway" she said agreeing with me, we got up our chairs with a smile and jumped to my bed instead. "what do you want to watch? i've got alot of snacks" i said grabbing the remote, she also bought some snacks on her way here so we had plenty.

"i dont have anything in mind really, lets see whats there" she replied, i nodded and we started scrolling to see if there's anything good enough.

it took us some minutes but we ended up deciding to binge some disney movies, we were halfway our 3rd movie when i got a call. i decided to ignore it at first but then it rang again. "ughh who is it" i mumbled and sat up on my bed. it was seungmin. i thought of texting him that ill call him later but then i realised if he's calling me between his busy schedule it could be important. "hello? yes?" i said as i picked up and paused the movie. "aishhh" aera mumbled.