chapter 34

(hi before i start this a little disclaimer im not a doctor and idk shit ab medicals so if some things don't make sense just let them be thanks 🥰)

no ones pov

hyunjin stood outside the room where they had put his mother, and he's never been this scared before. he absolutely did not want to go back to that man's house. but he also knew that sooner or later he would find them anyway.

But that was not important right now, his mom was. hyunjin was almost on the verge of crying and breaking down again when he heard a voice call his name, he turned around and saw y/n's mother

"What's wrong? Why are you here?" she asked as she walked towards him, and he quickly tried to pull himself back together.

"It's uh.. m-mom.. she-" he didnt know why he was stuttering, he could not find the words to tell her what happened, what's been happening.

"your mom? Mrs. Hwang? Is she okay?"

He just shook his head and looked into the room where his mom was in, enough for her to know that she isn't okay

just then a doctor came out looking for Hyunjin, and then noticed y/n's mom standing next to him

"You are.?" the doctor asked her, she just nodded in response

"Okay, please come with me," the doctor asked her and she followed him.

"Could you please tell me how you're related to this lady and her son?" he asked them once they had moved a little away from Hyunjin.

"I'm uh.. a family friend. Is Mrs. Hwang okay? What happened?"

"It looks like she was beaten up, and not just normally. Her skull has about two fractures and she has bruises all over her body.

"Oh dear..." she didn't really know what to say, "well she's going to be okay, right?"

"whereas her bruises are treatable, her skull fractures may cause her to be in a coma, but if it's not too harsh or deep, it might be fine."

"are you not sure about the fractures?"

"We have treated them temporarily to stop the bleeding, but we might need to do deeper surgeries in a hour or so"

"Okay, I'll pay whatever it needs to, but please move her to a better room with more security."

the doctor nodded and left to get the paperwork, by that time, y/n's mom decided to go talk to hyunjin and ask him what happened

-

after hyunjin slowly explained everything, she knew it wasn't safe for them to return to his dad. and she did have a idea. not the best, but there were no better options.

"I'll pay the hospital bills and you can stay with us in the meantime, at least until your mother gets well" she told hyunjin, he lifted his head in shock, but he knew he had no other choice, so he eventually gave in and agreed.

y/n pov

I stared at mom blankly in confusion as to why she bought anyone but hyunjin home.

She sighed and walked towards me while pulling me into a corner.

"What in the world is he doing here?!"

-

"oh... is he really going to stay with us until his mother is healed? what if she actually ends up in a coma?" i asked

"lets hope not, I couldn't just leave after seeing them like that, you know?"

i looked over at hyunjin, and he had the exact same blank and frightened look on his face as he did four years ago when his grandma passed away.

I bit my lips, "fine, whatever."

we walked back to hyunjin, "listen, just because i let you stay here doesn't mean i'll forgive you for everything you did to my daughter. so i would like you to not bother her. okay?" my mom told hyunjin and he nodded to everything while looking down

"oh dont worry about that, I could be dying and he wouldn't even bother to look" I scoffed, mom nudged me with her elbow but I just shrugged.

Hyunjin looked like he wanted to say something when I said that, but he didn't and just looked back down at the ground.

"There are alot of spare rooms, get any you want. If you're hungry, the kitchen is over there, ask one of the maids to cook you something if you can't do it yourself. I'll give you a allowance to spend weekly" my mom then added, giving him instructions and showing him where things were.

When we finally finished, Hyunjin bowed and thanked mom for everything. I can already tell how overwhelming it must be for him to live in the girl's house he used to always reject and treat like dirt, it's written all over his face. I'd say that serves him right, but I can't because no one really deserves to be abused no matter what they do. but whatever.

mom went off to rest in her room and i told hyunjin to follow me

"Pick any of those rooms," I pointed to the row of empty bedrooms down the hall, "not that one though, that's mine," then I pointed to my room

he stood there thinking for a moment, then took the room next to mine. i was about to go into my room, but then i realised,

"Did you bring any of your stuff? Clothes and all that?" i asked him because i don't have anything to give him to wear. it probably won't even fit him.

he looked at me when he noticed it too, nodded and said, "I'll get it," then he started to leave

"And your dad?" i asked him again as i stood in front of him getting in his way.

"I'll sneak in, I've done it before".

i just nodded and moved, it was his problem anyway. not that i cared.

hyunjin pov

i walked towards my house, but instead of entering through the front door, i went to the back as usual and used our basement door to get in. the basement is connected directly to the storage room right next to my room, so it's easy for me to get in.

When I slowly opened the door to check, the house was empty, I could not see anyone. I quickly went into my room and grabbed my bag, then packed some clothes and my school stuff. I needed a few more things so i took another little bag, after a few minutes I left my room but just as I was about to go into the storage room I saw one of my dad's workers standing at the door blocking the way.

fuck.

"That's a smart way, i must accept" he said, nodding and looking at me, "but lets see what your dad has to say about it"

i froze where i was standing, i knew if dad found out about mom it was not going to end well. my legs wanted to run away but i also knew if i did i would be easily followed and they'd find out about y/n and her mom, and i couldnt get them in trouble.

he took out his phone and was about to call dad, i just stood there doing.. nothing. but suddenly i heard a loud crash as he fell down and lost consciousness, i looked down at him in shock, but then i looked up at the door.

y/n stood there with a old glass bottle in her hand, now broken because she smashed it on his head. 

~to be continued