Chapter 17: Raid arc (P1)

Start from the beginning

"How did-" Hojo looks to where the fight once was and stood stunned when he saw his buddy straining, yanking at a sticky purple substance that stuck him to the wall and floor. Gluing his lips together and making his desperate and frantic attempts of clawing at the seal, making him appear even more pitiful.

"You have good teamwork, I'll give you that." Gopal looks at the remaining criminal with furrowed brows, taking out a handkerchief to clean the blood off his knuckles, might've hit him a little too hard but nothing seems broken yet. He'll fix it later, he then notice Tamaki trying to manifest more tentacles for a sneak attack while Mr. Hojo was distracted. "Suneater, stay down."

Heeding the pro's warning, Amajiki retracts himself further into that side of the room. He thought Mirio was the one who works too hard, but now when they're separated, it looks like he's the one who bit off more than he can chew. He watched as the villain made a rush for him but was stopped by the ground under him sinking into quicksand. The crystals sticking out of him deteriorates into jelly beans, clattering to the ground in a colorful mess.

"Aren't you a hero!?" Hojo was neck deep once Gopal was finished with tying up Setsuno, checking for any weapons then patching up whatever it is he'd broken. The hero then turn to him, a first-aid kit still in hand, crouching down and jabbing a finger to his forehead. Aren't heroes supposed to save people?

"I am." The boy answers in nonchalance, the ground under Hojo stopped sinking, he can get out by breaking the floor but his crystals will be nothing so long as Gopal is here, and both his teammates had been decommissioned. "And you'll all be arrested after this y'know."

"So what? We had no future in the first place..." Hojo laments bitterly, looking over at his comrades. Tabe stopped moving a while ago, muffled sobbing turning to exhaustion and eventually sleep, it was strange to see a grown man cry.

"One was unable to fit into society and was thrown away." Setsuno was still out cold, his feet and back stuck to the wall and floor by that vibrant substance, there's a lot of candy scattered around the room.

"One was cheated on and made to bare immeasurable debts." He'd receive the same treatment after this talk it seems. It's gentle and by the looks of it, this hero is even generous enough to treat their injuries before he lets them go. He wanted them alive.

"One was used as a tool by a greedy man, then beaten up when his crystals were discovered as fakes... To us that man said that we shouldn't rot in a place like that, so who cares what happens after this? He gave us worth... I'll kill anyone who gets in the way!"

"Huh, sounds like a tactic my friend sometime use." Gopal thinks of all the times Yaya accidentally used her kindness as a weapon and pull lackeys over to their side to retrieve important info'. While those guys up there followed out of fear, looks like the ones down here are manipulated instead, he knew reading all that Detective Konon would pay off.

"What do you mean...?" What is he talking about? If this hero leaves him here, he'll get out eventually. Gopal, isn't like that one cowering in the corner at all, he's staying even if he can leave right now to catch up with the others.

"Well, if he thinks you're disposable like this. What worth do you really have?" Gopal questions rhetorically, grinning. Mr. Hojo widens his eyes in realization. "You're still just a hired lackey, if you and your friends cooperate then your sentences will be lighter y'know, maybe even rehab." The hero rolls his eyes, flicking Hojo's forehead. " What I'm saying is, you all still have a future."

That was what Gopal said before knocking the guy out with sleeping gas in front of Suneater's trembling eyes. He then drags the criminal out of his live grave and spent ample time making sure all the paralyzing needles are in the right places before tying him up and sticking upright against the wall with Ribarian tree sap. Picking up a few pieces of crystals as fuel for the next fight.