chapter 8 • allowed himself to fall in love, and had become a pawn in her game

Start from the beginning

"he's the only not ugly guy here. besides, it's not like i'm in love with him. i'm just using him!" cherry reminded.

"that's so fucked up. i feel like a should hate you, but i don't." ozzie said. "it's his karma."

cherry grinned.

leia stared at her shoes, not wanting to look up.

cherry couldn't look leia in the eye, so she decided to walk out the basement door.

but, it was even worse outside.

cherry approached the group, and nate waved at her.

she waved back.

"you didn't kiss her?" nikki questioned, confused. "jay kelso, of the point place kelsos? the horniest family in town?"

"yeah, jay. you're a whore, i really expected you to kiss her." cherry said, standing beside nikki.

"i don't know what came over me! i mean, there's one voice in my head saying honk her boob, bro, but he's always there, so that's normal." jay held the football. "the weird part was there was this other sweet voice saying no, bro. honk her heart."

cherry frowned, and crossed her arms.

"you know what this means, right? you like her." nikki said.

"no.. right? no." jay denied.

he looked over at cherry, to see if she'd have a reaction.

she didn't.

her face was blank.

"yes, that's what that sweet voice means! you're seeing her as a person!" nikki explained.

"weird." jay said, confused.

"you need to close the deal asap. just tell leia you like her! let's go."

"i can't. my dad always told me to never tell a girl you like her first. it gives them all the control in a relationship!"

cherry wasn't paying attention.

how could jay like leia?

she was so fucked.

still, she swore to herself that she would get the revenge for flor.

she loved her best-friend too much to let jay be happy.

jay glanced over at cherry.

still, her face was blank.

the reason jay had said all of those things about leia, was to see valentines reaction.

to see if maybe, she'd be upset.

if she'd care that jay would be over her.

but she didn't.

jay didn't know why that upset him.

but, maybe, he was right.

maybe leia would be good for him. maybe she would help him move on.

«───── « ʚ♡ɞ » ─────»

jay was rubbing baby oil all over his body.

nikki and cherry judged from their seats beside him.

"ew, what are you doing?" cherry motioned to his shiny body. "you look greasy. how long has it been since your last shower?" cherry questioned.

"ha ha, you're so funny." jay said, sarcastically.

"so your plan is to just oil yourself up and wait out here for leia to catch a hot glimpse?" nikki questioned.