chapter 8 • allowed himself to fall in love, and had become a pawn in her game

Start from the beginning

"no, ew! let's go to the rave. i need this. i want to go somewhere where i don't have to hold back." ozzie said.

"you've been holding back?" gwen questioned.

"you have no idea." ozzie looked back at his magazine.

"yes, let's go to one! it sounds fun." cherry grinned.

"i don't know. last time i went to a rave, i stayed up for two days. turns out, if i a mint is 40 bucks, it's not a mint." gwen laughed.

"great story. i still want to go." ozzie shrugged.

"i'll take you." cherry offered.

ozzie grinned.

"you know what i want?" leia asked.

"don't say jay." gwen began.

"jay." leia frowned.

ozzie groaned.

"ew." cherry scoffed.

no, she couldn't like him.

her whole plan would be ruined.

cherry promised flor that she would ruin jay in the best way she knew how too, and she couldn't do that if leia was in love with him.

did it make her a bad person to continue?

actually, it didn't matter.

she was already a bad person.

obviously if leia was seriously in love with jay, and they started dating, cherry would stop.

"it was so hot when he didn't kiss me on the car the other night! but.. i kinda don't know how to feel. like, he kisses you and not me?" leia stared at cherry.

"yeah.. i guess?" cherry shrugged.

"leia, placing all of your value in the hands of a man is just giving it away, and the direct result of living in an oppressive patriarchal society." gwen said.

"she read the riot grrrl manifesto and won't shut up about it." ozzie explained.

"i wanna be a feminist.. in college. but right now, i really, really, really want a boyfriend!" leia frowned.

"leia, i'm not sure if you're ready for jay." gwen said, softly. "he's a player. you just had your first kiss, jay's had sex in a lake."

"i don't even like to put my face in a lake." ozzie scoffed.

"jay is a whore. you're gonna get hurt." cherry agreed with gwen.

"we just don't want you to be another one of jays lays." gwen said, sympathetically.

"cherry is!" leia called out, and quickly slapped a hand over her mouth. "i am so sorry."

"i'm not jays lay, he's my lay. i'm gonna fuck him and leave him. when i'm done, he's all leia's!" cherry shrugged.

"wait, what's going on?" ozzie questioned, confused.

"me and jay are fucking."

"what?"

"didn't i already tell you this?"

"i thought you were joking!"

gwen sat in silence.

"i'm surprised he hasn't fucked and left you yet." gwen said.

for some reason, she didn't care that cherry was fucking jay.

it just meant that jay wasn't in love with leia.

"wait, you're fucking him, but you hate him?" gwen questioned.