chapter 2 • he was doing his best to be nice in the best way he knew how too

Start from the beginning

"i told my math teacher his wife was cheating on him. she was making out with some dude at ihop."

"ew, ihop?" cherry questioned.

"exactly!" ozzie agreed.

"that's horrible." leia frowned.

"i know! ihop? show some class." ozzie scoffed.

"for real.. like, you could've stolen his wallet and gone somewhere more expensive to cheat." cherry agreed.

"ugh, i love you. it's kind of disgusting." ozzie stared at the girl.

"you're such a bitch. i love you more!" cherry grinned.

3 more people came running down the stairs, and cherry only recognized nate.

"you're not gonna believe what happened. it's the best thing ever!" nate grinned.

"that's what you said when the mcrib came back." the girl beside him said.

"i thought it was gone forever, nikki!" nate frowned.

"aww, you were scared? oh, babe!" the girl, nikki, leaned in and kissed him.

'oh, shit, he has a girlfriend. that sucks. i'm not a homewrecker.' cherry thought to herself.

the last unnamed boy pulled up a chair beside leia.

"hey, new girl." he greeted.

"hey, boy. man? i don't know how the whole puberty thing is going for you. probably great!" leia grinned.

ozzie laughed.

"guys, this is jay." gwen introduced.

cherry stared at him.

jay?

did she have the right jay?

"please place all your zippers and buttons in their upright and locked positions. i know cherry's hot, but she's my wife." gwen stared at jay.

"hey, not cool, gwen! i don't mind an affair." jay grinned.

"oh my god, you're so loud. you're talking right into my fucking ear. could you just.." cherry placed her finger over his lips, silencing him.

"wow, what's your problem?" jay questioned, grabbing her by the wrist and moving her hand.

"my problem is you." cherry pulled her hand out of his grasp.

jay shrugged, and turned to face leia. "so.. are you spiritual? i am."

cherry cringed.

"you're making a face, but that would've worked on me." ozzie shrugged.

"can i tell my awesome story now?" nick questioned. "so we were just chilling in my van-"

nick recalled what had happened earlier that day.

they'd lied about purchasing a keg, and they were actually given it, for free.

cherry wasn't paying attention.

she was just staring at jay.

that had to be jay kelso.

he even sounded like a slut! cherry was disgusted.

but.. he was kinda hot.

ew, no. that was her bestfriends ex, and he was a shit head.

besides, actually being attracted to him would ruin her plan.

the day before, flor had asked if cherry could do her a favor.

if cherry could play jay like he had played flor.