Chapter 16- Anger (pt. 2, day 1)

(Another character whos not mine has been mentioned!)

(Bukit's POV)

Bukit's mind has been occupied by anger throughout the past hours, planning many ways of revenge. However, this black thingy just so happens to happen during our training and it is most definitely NOT helping. Now our training has been delayed! GREAT. Bukit is pretty sure the Cones are struggling, too. Any pup would be struggling during a black thingy.

Unless... the panthers are holding back because of the humans. But that doesn't make any sense. Panthers do need to eat. Bukit shouldn't be worrying about that. He needs to keep his head in the game.

>> >>

(Nobody's POV)
The five pups sat in complete silence in the dark on top of the glass hallway, the only light sources being Loli and Spike. "Well, that was a bust," Flower muttered disappointed in the first day's outcome. "At least we learnz some fight." Water said, shrugging. "Yeah, SOME fight," Bukit growled. "Dos you thinkz this mit also hold the Cones back?" Loli asked. "Yeah, last time I check, Conesty has a fear of the dark— and panthers," Flower answered. "Also it's pronounced 'might', not 'mit'." Loli frowned at Flower's correction. "Did you guyz see the giant black gootraxian? He was kinda scary." Water commented. Bukit remembered the monster before the blackout happened. "Yeah, starting to think that monster jinxed the Bucket Gang."

After 10 more minutes of silence, Water plopped down. "Me BORDZ, there's nothings we cans do cuz of black thingy!" Water can say that again. Bukit thought. Apparently, Spike must have also been thinking the same thing because he yawned and headed off.
"Eh—? Wait, Spike! He can't go off like that, not now!" Bukit barked at Spike, but Spike didn't get what he was saying because of his third-person talking. Spike looked at Bukit confused, then shook his head and proceeded to go off anyway. Bukit growled, told the rest of the Bucket Gang to stay put, then skittered off after Spike.

"Spike! Come back!" He called after Spike. Bukit guessed they must have heard him because he went from a trot to a run, causing Bukit to pick up the pace. A chase began, having Bukit follow Spike while trying to call him back. Stupid pup. He thought bitterly as he chased Spike out of the support cove. Once he got to the slime hound area, he lost Spike. Bukit looked around, checking the shelves to see if Spike was using one of his methods. "Spike?" He called out quietly. Bukit then heard a voice, "Listen, I don't know what's going on but I keep on hearing a voice." Bukit crept towards the safe zone and poked his head inside. From the looks of it, a short male wearing a hazmat was talking to a female. Bukit hypothesized that the male was a returning guard since he was wearing the same helmet as the female. "Is this like— some kind of side effect of being half infected?" He whispered to the female. Bukit nearly winced at what the male said. Half infected? How is that possible? Bukit pondered. The female sighed, "That's absurd, Mike." She said. Mike noticed Bukit and Bukit quickly turned away and climbed onto a shelf. Mike walked out of the safe zone, holding his gun out and looking in every direction. "What?" The female asked. "It was just a pup," Mike said then put his gun back away. Suddenly, another male poked his head out of the safe zone. "Have you two seen Lofi?" He asked. The two guards shook their heads. "I'll go find her then." The male sighed and then went in the opposite direction.

Bukit jumped onto the next shelf then jumped back onto the ground and continued his search for Spike. He wandered past the café into the freezer. He looked around, "Spike?" He called out. Nothing. Bukit sighed, but as soon as he was about to leave he heard footsteps. Without hesitation, he quickly climbed onto the large shelf and hid behind one of the boxes. To his relief, it was Spike, running into the area, panting. Before Bukit could call out he heard a second pair of footsteps, this time being heavy ones. The two slime pups froze. A returning guard-- female-- entered the freezer and noticed Spike, who was frozen in fear. "Spike!" Bukit called out, but they didn't hear him. Instead of ending his life here and now, the guard began to approach Spike, making them back away. It wasn't before long they were cornered, having nowhere to run. Bukit's muscles tensed, he wanted to do something but he was struck with fear.

However, there was a weird feeling inside his chest. Deep down in the fear lay anger, he had the urge to attack. He was just afraid of what might happen to Spike.

But then, the guard said something Bukit could never predict.

"Oh, I remember you now." Spike looked confused at her. "Wait-- it's the helmet, isn't it? Hold on--" The guard then took off her helmet and crouched down. She appeared to have light-ish brown hair that was mostly pulled into a ponytail and also had hazel-brown eyes. Spike's muscles loosened a bit. "Long time no see Oki." Spike's face immediately lit up and they jumped into the guards making her yelp. "Funny how you're the one to act most like a dog!" She laughed. The guard then set Spike down and pat them. "It must have been tough for you if you're this excited to see a familiar face, isn't it?" She asked while she petted him. Spike nodded. The guard stood up. Bukit felt relief wash over him when suddenly he got suspicious. What if it's a trap? Spike could be in danger!  Without thinking, Bukit jumped onto the human's face, making her screech. The human then threw him off of her. Bukit fell to the ground then quickly got up and got in front of Spike. "Spike! Stay back! She can't be trusted!" Bukit said. "Wait, no! I'm sorry!" The guard quickly apologized. "Bukit doesn't believe returning guard!"
"But I mean you no harm—" Suddenly, a female lantern shork appeared, pushing the human to the side and cutting her off, then quickly scooped up and darted off. "WAIT! Oh, who am I kidding? Life was so much easier before the incident." Bukit could hear the guard call out and then slightly mumble something but the lantern shork didn't slow down.

It wasn't until they reached the flooded areas that she finally came to a stop. "That was close... are you guys ok?" She gasped. Bukit's response was a direct bite on the arm. "Ouch!" The lantern shork cried, letting go of Bukit and Spike. She gave Bukit an upset/betrayed look but that was quickly wiped away by confusion. "You look familiar, have we met before?" Bukit looked at the lantern shork. She also looked familiar; the long hair that was curled at the end; the long, thick tail; the pinkish-purple stripes on her body; they all look familiar. Especially the knee-high, white, and purple striped socks. Suddenly a name popped up into his head: Anya. But Bukit just shook it off and growled at her. He then turned around to leave, signaling Spike to follow.

Although he tried forgetting it, the name kept repeating in Bukit's head. The name felt comforting, though, like he could trust it. He shook it off. It's just some silly name... Bukit thought as he watched the four pups chat with each other. Bukit sighed and lay down. Bukit needs rest...

(A CHAPTER DONE!!!! YAY!!!!)
(Credit time.)

(Anya belongs to StrikeLMAO, a fellow KP fan wikian.)

(Instead of her asking me, I actually asked her if she wanted Anya to be in the story and she agreed

(Instead of her asking me, I actually asked her if she wanted Anya to be in the story and she agreed. Anya was meant to be mentioned in chapter 9 but it got a delay. Like a HUGE delay. (But I finally managed to get her in so yay))

(Anyway, have a good day/night/afternoon. I should lay off on the character submission aye?)