Bullet Of Iron

"You are all free"

Those were Eren's last words and he made damn sure that they were the last words he would ever udder until he was decapitated by his most beloved. Those words were not just words telling his friends that if they chose to fight him, they were free to do so. They were final wish for his loved ones once his life came to an end.

He wanted Kaya and the Braus family to be able to go back to living in the forest where they could live happily as hunters.

He wanted Connie to be able to see and talk with his mother again and explain all the good times they had.

He wanted Jean to achieve his dream of a peaceful life that he had rejected after Marco's death.

He wanted Levi to go to the graves of the Survey Corps and to tell them that their sacrifices had meaning and hadn't gone in vain.

He wanted Historia to live without the fear of the curse placed upon her bloodline. To raise her child in a world where the Titans were simply nothing but a terribly made bedtime story.

He wanted Annie to see her father again and to stop denying her damn feelings for Armin.

He wanted Reiner to forgive himself someday for the terrible things he had done and to get the therapy he truly needed.

He wanted Falco and Gabi to live their lives with nothing but love for each other and to forget the Racism, brainwashing and hatred they had to endure for something they never did.

He wanted Armin to take his own advice and to confess his feelings for Annie. For him to one day build the flying machine that would be faster then any blimp or flying boat ever could be.

He hoped Mikasa would love his gift for her. Of the false memories of a reality where they ran away together and lived out the remainder of his life with her in a nice log cabin in the mountains. He hoped that she would forgive him one day for the absolute he told her back at Niccolo's restaurant.

Lastly, he hoped that she would could live out the peaceful life she always wanted for him and herself without him. No matter how heartbreaking it is.

But what did he want. What did Eren Jaeger.
The Devil of Paradis Island wish for.

Eren opened his eyes and found himself looking up to the stars. Lights in the night sky that he looked up to every night during his short childhood. Beneath him, he could feel the sand that had been used by Zeke to bound him in chains to prove that he had no power within the paths.

"Why am I here?" Eren questioned as he pushed his upper body up and saw the massive glowing tree in the far distance. Just moments ago, he remembered Mikasa kissing him before killing him with the swift and quick slice of her blade. That should have stopped everything.

So why in the name of the walls was he in the paths?. Eren looked around for Ymir to find answers but alas, she wasn't there. After all. He had freed her from two thousand years of slavery while being stuck inside a dimension that existed outside of reality itself.

He had let her finally moved on where she could finally rest in peace. But he supposed that perhaps the reason why he was here in the first place was because there had to be a host of the paths.

The answer to all his questions was a simple one. Freedom. That was what he had wished for. Freedom for all, and thanks to Mikasa killing him, Eldians no longer were strictly connected to the paths alone. He looked up towards the glowing tree in the distance and saw that it had a new addition that wasn't there before. It had more branches and leaf's glowing a bright neon blue at the top.