7. The Betrayal of It

He was going to be fine.

He was going to be safe.

He was home. No, not home.

Where he lived. Where did he live?

Here.

-

Bakugou was frustrated.

If not getting his provisional license was a kick in the teeth; not being able to go on Hero Work Studies because of it was a kick in the balls. Instead, he was stuck at school continuing lessons as normal, whilst some of the others got to go out and be useful. Kirishima was out there. Even shitty Deku got accepted by an agency.

They weren't allowed to say a lot, but he did know that they had gone out on some big rescue mission, a raid or something. It had to be something bad as it even took Aizawa-sensei away.

Only half the class was currently in the dorms. The other half either at their Hero Work Placements or out doing something boring. He himself was sat in the common area downstairs, he had just finished eating an early dinner before he was going to head back up to his room. He had that stupid English essay to finish, but at least he could do it with the knowledge that the others were going to be behind and stuck with a pile of work when they got back.

He heard the front door of the dorms open and looked over in curiosity to see who had returned. But it was just Deku.

Shitty Deku who....wait.....he was supposed to be on that raid, right? Where were the others? He was just standing there, looking as useless as always, but he would at least normally greet everyone with that annoying voice of his.

Bakugou moved around the table he was sitting at to see what the nerds' problem was. "Oi Deku, what the hell are you –" His costume was ruined. Both of the sleeves were gone and so were his gloves. Two of his fingers were obviously broken and when he looked up there was a nasty cut on his forehead. The bastard needed a nurse, he couldn't understand what the hell he was doing back at the dorms in such a state.

Bakugou watched as the others downstairs with him looked over. Ponytail Yaoyorozu and plain face Sero, who were both by the table with him, also looked perplexed at the nerds' appearance. "Are you alright?" Yaoyorozu asked, looking at Deku with concern and suspicion.

Deku just looked around the room, eyes landing on each one of them there. It was only the tail one Ojiro, dunce face Kaminari, and arm freak Shoji on the other side of the common room. But Deku just took his time looking at them, frowning. "Who...who are you?"

"EH?!" Bakugou cried. "What do you mean, you bastard?" Had he hit his head or something? Stupid nerd couldn't do anything right!

"Deku, dude, what's going on?" Kaminari asked, the idiot making his way over.

"I'm not...I'm.....Deku?"

Oh shit. Oh shit. He forgot. Shitty Deku had forgotten who he was, and who they were. And Bakugou, he wasn't an idiot. He knew what that meant. You have got to be fucking kidding me?!

"Midoriya," Yaoyorozu tried to get his attention, whilst also taking a couple steps closer to him. Trust the geek to also get it so fast. "Did you die?"

-

"Midoriya, did you die?"

No. No, he hadn't. That was wrong. He couldn't die. He knew that. These people didn't know him. He didn't know them.

"Oh god – you think –"

"Aizawa-sensei said that he doesn't really remember anything after he's immediately resurrected."