Chapter I

The sun shined trough the heavy, red gold curtains and straight onto the Baroness' bed in huge Hellman Hall.

There she was: beautiful woman around her 30s, an icon herself. She was so young, and yet all Europe knew her. And by that, I mean, she was known for her strict attitude towards her employees. But it was not in vain, no. She was after all the most known fashion designer in the whole United Kingdom. So you could say it paid off. She married the Baron when she was 26 and all the responsibilities fell on her at such young age. But she in fact wanted it. She wanted herself to have power, and she got it. And if you call it cheating that she married the Baron without loving him at all, then yes, she cheated. But nobody knew that, did they?

She gently pulled off her night band and rose slightly in her bed. It was late for her. It was 8am, she usually must get up at 6:30am. The Baroness yawned, slightly covering her mouth out of habit. She reached the phone on her bedside table and chose the correct number.

"John, tell Catherine to bring me breakfast" she asked before he could speak. Today she was more polite than always. Maybe she was just tired after boringly checking the documents and
finishing some of her stuff until three in the morning.

After half an hour she was in her casual outfit, doing her make up, when she heard knocking on the door. She finished putting her lipstick on and looking all complete and... as John secretly thought, stunning, she walked out of bathroom, just to find Catherine, her ginger maid, making the bed. The Baroness looked on her bedside table and saw scrambled eggs, with beacon and sausages and a cup of tea next to it. Everything was perfectly put on a gold plate.

"You can go. Oh, and inform Adam about change in our plans. I won't go to this meeting with him today." The Baroness said. Catherine nodded and went out of the room, giving her boss a minute for herself.
The Baroness approached her shelf with all the vinyls and chose one. She put it on gramophone and music started playing, while she was eating.

Later that day she was at 'The House of Baroness'. She was late, yes. But she was also the head of her label so she could be later. She was sitting at her desk, watching every employee's work through the big window, when suddently John entered her office.

"Speak" she said carelessly, as she eyed him. Ah, her favourite employee. Her valet. What a shame she didn't see how much he liked her.
"Baroness, your mother will be in Hellman hall tomorrow at 10am. She-"
"Wasn't she somewhere in mental hospital in New Jersey?" she didn't usually cut him off, but this information was... a news for her.
"Yes, she was. But she'll be on plane tomorrow at 5am. You just need to sign... this" he gave her documents and she quickly looked at them, then at him.
"And?" she asked "Do you think I'll sign it so my mother can visit me?" she scoffed. John remained silient.
"Fine, John.. let it be" she put her sign on the paper with a slight sigh. She smiled when giving him the papers.
He nodded and left, and as soon as he did that, her smile dropped."Long time, no see" she whispered to herself. She never liked her mother. In fact, she never really knew her. Her mother was an alcoholic, when little Lizzie was only 6 years old. Her mother was mentally ill, that's why she left her daughter. Now, after years, they were about to meet again, because of the mother. What an irony for heaven's sake.
The day was quite boring. It was just boredom for The Baroness. Nothing else. Everything was the same as the day before, and the day before that, and the day before, before that. Good thing that tomorrow would be more interesting.

And tomorrow came. The 10am was on the clock, and the Baroness was waiting for her mother to leave the car with John next to her.

Finally, the Baroness' mother, Saphrine came out of the car, John helping her. The Baroness eyed Baron slightly before taking deep breath. "Good morning... mother" she said