Meeting The Friends Forever.

! Credits to Mills for the picture above. !

Pertuso POV

It has been a crazy past few days. I had to run away from my country, with my brother, because of the ongoing war. We lost our parents in a shelling so we were forced to run away because without anyone to take care of us and without a home, we had to run. Though it was sad, we couldn't focus on what happened, we had to think of what could come. Which didn't go well. We were stuck with negative thoughts the whole time we were walking to the border of Poland. Thoughts like: "We are not going to make it" and "That's it, we are to die".

Lots of tears were shed as we walked. Though we knew if we stopped there was a high chance that we would not make it. But we did and when we got there, there were some toys and food that we could take from the stands, for free! And ofcourse I took some things, my brother also did but not as much as me. The other thing which caught my eye was a boy and his brother (well I think it's his brother) and they were in army uniform... with the Russian flag on the arm! I pull on my brother's arm because he is looking around for someone who can help us and I point at the two boys. My brother looks at what I just pointed at, he sees it and backs up, dragging me with him. But what happened next shook us.

The taller one of the two knelt down and said something to the smaller one, which caused their eyes to start tearing up. The smaller one just shook his head in a no fashion and said something to the taller one, what he said was loud enough for us to hear. I didn't understand it but my brother did as he had learnt Russian throughout the war, so he told me what the smaller one said. "No, they've got to be out there... They are too stubborn to die..." He said in a saddened but confused tone. My brother soon started to walk forward towards the two after the smaller one started to collapse onto the taller (mind you the taller was the same height as my brother but the smaller was just a bit smaller than me). I soon followed after my brother but kept a small distance because I didn't want to get close to the two Russians.

"Hello, are you alright?" My brother said it in English because he doesn't know how to speak Russian but he can understand it. The taller one looked up to my brother and just stared into his eyes. It felt like it went on forever before the Russian responded.

"Sorry, did we disturb you, if yes... we can leave the area" The russian had a very strong accent but a soft voice and he obviously did not know english well. It also sounded as if he had a sore throat and hadn't drunk anything in a while.

"Oh no, you didn't disturb us. We just saw you from over there and we wondered if you guys were ok" My brother commented with a concerned voice. The russian soon let go of the smaller and stood up. Behind him, the smaller started wiping his face and tried avoiding my gaze. I look back to my brother and he and the Russian have gone back to staring at each other. To lighten the mood I say something in hopes of getting the Russians to smile.

"Can you guys stop staring at each other?" My brother shoots me an annoyed look while the Russian slightly giggles in which causes my brother to freeze for a bit but he quickly recovers. The Russian gave a small apology back to me as a response but I wasn't really paying attention. I was looking at the other behind him which was now done with wiping his tear stained face. I know I shouldn't have thought this because he is my enemy but damn did he look cute. His cheeks were red with light pale-ish lines running down from the tears, His lips were a bit plumb-ish from him biting down on them to silence himself. His eyes were still a bit watery but his irises were a beautiful icey blue which could hypnotise anyone if they looked into them for too long. My thoughts were soon interrupted by my brother talking again.

"What's your name? Mine is Faddei Iwanicki" My brother never really liked to say his full name as he doesn't like his first name because it literally translates to "brave", that is why I have a nickname for him that I don't use by the way (he hates that). The Russian nodded and pointed towards me. I think he was asking for my name. "Oh him, he's my brother. His name is Petruso" God do I hate my name. It legitimately translates to "stone"! After my brother says that, I hear a little laugh come out of the russian which again freezes my brother and yet again he recovers quickly.

"I am Dusica Pasternak, funny my name translates to Soul or Spirit Parsnip and that my brother Anton Pasternak... Inestimable Parsnip" As Dusica is laughing the russian behind him (which I guessed correctly is his brother) is giving an unimpressed look. I look to my brother who then says "Now you can't be upset with your name now can you?". I just give him a very loud "shut up!" Which gets us all laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter but it took me while as I was constanly rethinking my life and what I am doing.

I hope you liked the first chapter of this book! I promise to stay on this book and finish it but sorry if I don't. I won't post often becuase of school but I while try!

I hope you have a great day/night/evening/morning you wonderful people, See Ya!