Chapter 1

The personal smart terminal made a few beeping sounds, showing off today's to-do list.

Enforcement reminder with crazy vibration that couldn't be turned off.

Kim SeokJin dizzily raised his head from the messy bedding, lifting his eyelids and glancing at it. A few lines of shocking blood-red characters leaped in front of his eyes:

   Time: November 3rd, 6 o'clock in the evening.

   Location: The garden on the top of Tike Hotel.

   Event: Blind date.

His face was darkened by the blood-red light as he stared blankly at the last two words for a while, then turned off the screen.  

SeokJin was a person who liked to solve problems that didn't need to be delayed all at once.

After spending a few days in the laboratory in the dark and at night without sleep, he finally solved the staged problems.

Since he started hosting this project, he had almost lived in the laboratory.

Glancing at today's to-do list again, SeokJin paused at his fingertips and murmured "Can't I choose to die?" 

Then He went into the bathroom and took a shower, putting on his most expensive and only formal shirt. 

After making a cup of coffee, he strolled out of the small room gracefully and leisurely. 

Leaning against the wall, he was smiling as he raised his cup to his colleagues: "Good morning, my friends, don't today's data look more beautiful?"

Then he found that the atmosphere at the scene was a bit deadly.

The eyes every researcher looked over at him were desperate.

The little fat guy on the left murmured, "It's 4:30 in the late afternoon."

SeokJin felt the heavy atmosphere, and slightly closed the arc of the corner of his mouth: "I have solved the progress problem of C9―could it be that the data was stolen?"

The little fat man shook his head.

SeokJin pondered: "The synchronous experiment on the experimental base failed?"

The little fat man sighed in pain.

SeokJin looked out of the window in surprise: "The Alliance and Star Pirates joined forces to fight the Imperial Capital, and our empire is dead?"

The person who had always turned her back to him flung down her long, slightly curly hair with a fascinating manner, turned around and raised her red lips: "I'm afraid it's even worse."

SeokJin took a sip of coffee numbly, wondering what else could happen? 

It was unlikely that people who supported their research in the military department would fall, otherwise the project funds would be cut off.

That would be really scary.

"You have been hiding in the laboratory recently and didn't step out, not a single step. Haven't you watched the news?" Moonbyul, who understood SeokJin's character, nodded in her understanding, and made a sweep with her slender fingers.

The personal terminal casted a holographic projection, which was a rebroadcast of the news in the afternoon on Empire platform.

The screen showed a host hosting various military and political events in the empire, and SeokJin's hand that was holding the coffee cup tightened, and there was a thud in his heart.