Daddy (Part 7)

Waiting for dad to respond to treatment was agonizing. I can't concentrate in class as well. Haven't responded to any calls and text messages that JM has been sending. I appreciate how worried he is with my dad but I think he should be focusing on Kate, Maya, our business and with college applications right? Actually reader, I got accepted to three Ivy Leagues. I don't know where to go, Harvard was my first choice because it's where mom and dad met and also the school which I was expecting that me and Mat will go as well. But Oxford and Cambridge did offer me good scholarship grants. And it's a breath of fresh air as well. I'm quite familiar with Harvard walls, maybe a different school will be a great option.

I felt a tight hug as I turned it was Grace.

"Amilia, your dad's awake". I was so happy and tearing up uncontrollably. "Finally, Grace, finally". We both hugged. She gestured me to go inside dad's room to see for myself. Dad was smiling at me, and he stretch his arms ready to give me that embrace. "Daddy, I'm here. My dearest daddy, sorry, I was too busy". He wiped my tears still smiling. He looks paler than usual. "It's okay Dear, you're here. That's what matters the most. How's JM?" I gave him a kiss on his forehead saying, " We should not talk about my life you know". He held my face on his. "Your life is mine too." He really knows when I try to tell a lie or avoid a conversation about certain things but "It's okay dad" He asked Grace to help him sit while holding my arm.

"I know its unpleasant and I know he offered you divorce way before"

"Daddy"

"Is it still negotiable?" I was not expecting he's going to say that. "What do you mean Dad?" He held my hands and looked at me in the eye like he's going to confess something.

"I talked to his parents before I went here" I was surprised that he did that. I was expecting that this knot is non-negotiable. "They said, maybe it was a mistake. They've seen you suffering already while their son's being irresponsible. I should've said something when JM objected a lot" I cried again but this time, it was a feeling of relief. Finally, I can get out of this mess without being objected by a lot of people. Hurting my dad and JM's parents are the reasons why I was quite hesitant to do this big move to trash our marriage. "Dad, I asked for this "He looked at me this time but I felt how bad he wants me out of the situation. "Can you still bear?" I squeezed his hand and my voice crack a little "I don't know for how long Dad."

"Sign the papers before I change my mind." I stared at his eyes and he winked at me and gave a slight grin on his face. "I have read it dad and it's like we never got married in the first place". He gave me a nod and asked "So you did consider signing it?"

"I was when I heard about you, I even brought it here with me"

"So what now?" I held his hand and gave him a big nod. "I already signed it. Last night" He sighed with pride. It was a good sigh, it means he is happy with my decision. Dad knows I'm stubborn but this decision took my maturity to the next level. I'm showing him I can put my shit together.

"Are you sure with this?"

"Yes daddy, JM made his statement loud and clear. And I know now, that whatever I am going to do, I will never have his heart. No matter how hard I will try to be seen differently by his eyes, I became a monster. This love I have for him, it's not healthy anymore. Maybe, life tells me, to embrace whatever comes and whatever needs to be done. I will learn to accept it even if it pains me but, I know its the only way so that he can be happy" He laughed so hard and Grace reminded him to take it slow because he just recovered.

"My God, you have grown. One day, you will find love in your own time. I am sorry for forcing you, and dictating how you must feel. I shouldn't have done it"

"No dad, it's not your fault.Okay? From now on let me handle everything. I will finish the school year, graduate and move to an Ivy too"

"Wow, you had that planned overnight?"

"No, only while on plane going here"

"You're like youre mother"

"And more like you.I have learned from the best"

"What are you going to do with Kate?"

"Took care of it. She's be back in Griffin High. I also asked a close friend of ours to  sign her up for a scholarship grant. Got her dad a new job, highest paid. They'll be fine. Well, Jaime's parents will eventually accept her slowly to be part of their family. She's a great girl. No records, she has a younger sister and just like her smart, hardworking and grounded. She will definitely earn her place in the society once she and JM will marry"

"What happened to Mattie Pie"

"Dad, you're right, we just grow up unexpectedly. I'm done with fairytales. I need you, and you need me and hell yeah our business needs me more and I'm going to make this the biggest in the planet"

"There you are. LOve to have you back Honey."

"And I'll always be here for you Daddy"

Always.