|𝓞𝓷𝓮 |

| 𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓽 |

A/N: (Y/N) avatar was grown in Pandora not Earth.

I was a marine long ago. When I joined Jake and Grace's good cause, I didn't have an avatar, at least not ready. I was acknowledged for my intelligence at very young age. Thanks to all the good things in the universe I was privileged to be able to come to Pandora even though I was 22 years old. For my hard efforts I was gifted with an avatar, avatars are very expensive. I was fortunate to have that opportunity. She was created 1 year after I arrived to Pandora.
(Reader arrived 4 years before Jake) Right now this body is almost 18-19 years old.
Eywa tooked me in, I was one of the sky people and she saw in my soul the things that I still can't. Now me and my avatar are one, all thanks to Eywa. She opened my eyes,she showed me the truth...
But sometimes I remembered those memories, those feelings, they come back,
once a marine always a marine.
Those memories want to drag me back.....back to him.

'He's long gone.' I told myself looking at my reflection in the water.
'Forget him, he.is.gone.' I continued, Inhaling and exhaling calming myself.

I got up, now smiling feeling better.

Since the sky people came back Jake didn't want me to go anywhere outside the area we got covered alone, not because he doesn't think I'm capable of fighting back but because I'm a valuable warrior to him in case of any attacks.
But
'This is something I need to do alone.'
'Today... Today is my last goodbye to him, I'm not coming back. I need to get over him.'
I thought to myself.
On my way out I took my hunting knife.

.

I picked some beautiful flowers, putting them in my pouch.
As I got closer I saw different footprint in the mud. They look like avatars. Cautiously I got closer to the lab where Miles Quaritch was killed.

"What are you doing here?!" I whispered yelling (if that makes sense)
Lo'ak, Kiri and Tuk. Staring at the lab.
"W-we just wanted to see where mom saved dad-" I was about to cut off Lo'ak.
"Oh shit" Lo'ak looked horrified, following his gaze, I panicked.

"NO!"I said it a bit louder than I intended to, one of them grabbed his skull crushing it with his bare hand.
" GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled at Lo'ak as a bald avatar approached us fast.

I distracted them to buy enough time for Jake's kids to escape successfully.

I didn't care what happens to me. I was relieved that they managed to run away.
I kept running but started getting tired, slowing down. In my front was one of them, I turned to a different direction but I was completely cornered.

Miles Quaritch P.O.V. :
Here he died.
I'm not him...
I got closer frowning confused. It was covered with different kinds of flowers.
"This didn't grow here they've been picked and putted here by someone." I said. I picked something from his hand 'Dog Tags?' I was about to read them but
My ears perked, I heard whispers, clearly not ours. I shoved the dog tags  in my pockets.
It sounded like a woman, I recognize that voice.
I turned to Wainfleet, he was gone. He was running towards some bushes.
"GET OUT OF HERE!" That voice again, it can't be.
The others manage to run away, but we got the woman.
Cornering her. She took out a knife. She manege to take down a couple of my man. She has training, not just any training, marine training. I know because I trained her, it can't be her. I was told that she and her na'vi body died.
I couldn't see her face.
Z-dog grabbed her from behind by her braid (Queue).
Kneeling her
" Let me go you skxawng"
I stand in front of her.
"(Y/N)?"
"Colonel we got the tape"Yelled one of my man.
"Well done let's go to the extraction point. I'll watch it back in the base."

Normal (Y/N) P.O.V. :
No
no
No no no NO. Why today.
My eyes wide open, tears blurring my vision. He had a surprise face too but he was much better at hiding it then me, I didn't even try to hide it.
He turned away probably calling for extraction.

Jake and Neytiri tried to save me but the extraction was successful.

They're taking me back...

.

They started torturing me to get information but I won't budge
The general kept asking me questions, I didn't even opened my mouth, leaving my mind in blank.

Quaritch P.O.V :
She wasn't talking, not a single word.
The sight started to feel like a torture deep down inside me. Her nose was bleeding, they're going to break her before she even speaks.
I clear my throat.
"What's going on?" I asked one of the scientists.
"This is amazing, she must have a really strong will to hold for this long. But, a I bit longer and she will die." As he said she will die, I couldn't help but swallow hard.
'I'm not him, it's just his memories' I kept reminding myself.
But the guilt in my chest was getting bigger as her nosebleed got worse, she looked absent.
' That's it ' I stopped the machine.
I lower my voice.
"General let me try the personal angle."
"She's not our (L/N). She's wild unpredictable." She simply said stepping down walking away.

.

Normal (Y/N) P.O.V. :
They dragged me to a white room. It looked so bright it hurts my eyes.
I sat down sticked to a corner making myself smaller against it. Knees to my chest, my head resting in them.
Remembering when I was his right hand, I would've followed him to the end of the world till I realized what we where really doing here. We destroyed our planet so there we go again to colonize, consume and kill another planet. Taking the homes of the beings that live in here.
I couldn't do that, most of the humans are egotistical creatures, like a plague, reproduce, consume and consume till there's nothing left. I don't care what they call me, anyway there's nothing left for me in Earth.
He was my home and now he is gone. Pandora is my home now, Eywa is my mother, Jake, Neytiri, his kids, the na'vi all of them are my family, I'm one of them now...

I heard the door open, if I weren't so tired I would have tried to run away.
My nose caught his essence, it was him... My ears perked down not daring to look up.
"(Y/N)?"
My ears twitched at the way my name sounded in his voice. It's been so many years since I last heard him say my name.

He crouched in front of me, still hovering me.
I kept my head down staring at the floor.
His hand lifted my chin. I tried slapping his hand off, hissing at him. His hand stayed in the same place keeping my chin lifted.
"What have they done to you?" He asked.
"What have they done to you?" I spat back.
" You didn't have an avatar "
"Neither did you " I said looking him up down. Hated to admit it but this mother fucker got the muscles. I found myself looking at his jaw down to his biceps. 'stop' I took a deep breath.

Quaritch P.O.V. :
I found myself wandering down her body. She took a deep breath, focusing my attention in her chest expanding as she breathed. To me she was practically naked.
Our eyes met. We caught ourselves staring at our body's.
She looked away and i straightened  up.
"I'm not an Avatar." I told her.
"What are you then?" She asked shyly but bitterly.
" A recombinant. I got his memories but I'm not him. "
With that I left her alone in the room.
(Y/N) P.O.V. :
Why today of all the freaking days he could've come. Today when I finally decided to put this behind me, he stands right in front of me.
I wanted to be strong but sobs and hiccups keep falling from my mouth, preventing me from breathing properly.
I cried myself asleep against the cold wall.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Well helloo
The years and all of that might be wrong idk, my brain didn't want to do the math 😭
Hope y'all like this story
Love y'all 💙💙💙
1359 words