𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - Hogwarts Express

I hugged my parents tightly, feeling my heart ache as my eyes began to fill with tears.
I was about to leave for Hogwarts, and as excited as I was to start this new adventure, it was difficult to say goodbye to my family.

"I'll miss you so much", I whispered, my voice shaking with emotion.

"We'll miss you too", my mother said, smoothing a hand over my hair. "But we're so proud of you for going to Hogwarts. You'll have an amazing time."

"I know, but I don't want to leave you", I said, unable to hold back a sob.

"Don't worry, sunshine. We'll see you soon.", my father said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Plus, you'll have all sorts of new experiences to share with us when you come back."

I nodded, trying to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I knew that what my parents said was true, but it still hurt to have to say goodbye.

"You'll always be our little girl, no matter where you go.", my mother said, giving me one last hug.
"And we love you very much.", my father added, kissing my forehead.

I smiled through my leftover tears, feeling their love and support even in this difficult moment. "I love you too.", I said, pulling away and walking towards the platform.

As I turned to wave goodbye again, I saw them watching my every step with pride and love in their eyes. I took a deep breath and stepped onto the platform, ready to start my new life at Hogwarts.

One last look at my parents before the train slowly started moving as the conductor blew the last whistle.
They waved goodbye to me, as all parents did to their children.

Unconsciously and unnoticed, I placed my hand against the window pane as I looked after my family as far as I could.

I had just turned 17 and like all children my age of a family of witches and wizards and maybe a few exceptions, this is the time in life to attend a wizarding school. I followed in my parents' footsteps and am going to visit Hogwarts, as I was also sent a personal invitation.

And though they know I'm most likely the hugest introvert in my whole family, my parents promised I'd have loads of fun at Hogwarts. But honestly, I'm not even sure if I'll make any friends there.

With that, one of my biggest fears came true at that moment. The door to my compartment opened and a teenager sticked his head inside, looking down on me.

"Are these seats still free?", the boy with glasses and ruffled brown hair asked, as he pointed at the empty seats next and in front of me.
I simply nodded without saying a word. Conversations weren't really... a strength of mine.

The boy nodded at the two other people behind him before they all entered the compartment, closing the door behind them. It was awkwardly quiet for a while. It seemed like they didn't dare talk to each other because of my presence.

I avoided all eye contact and looked out of the window. The train had already arrived in a beautifully green landscape. Fog surrounded the whole Hogwarts express and you could barely make out a few mountains behind the huge meadow.

Still looking out of the window, I began fidgeting with my hands nervously. I had never been away from home for such a long time before, and the idea of going to a school of magic was both thrilling and terrifying to me, as I was living like a normal muggle would.

"I'm Hermione Granger, and these are my new friends Harry and Ron.", the girl introduced herself and the boys next to her to me. My head snapped back to face her.