A cup of tea on a rainy day

I wake up to the sound of whispering winds and faint light illuminated through the glimpse of my window. I sloppily make my way to open up the curtains and see the scenery outside and above the sky.

The weather looks quite bad, with clouds covering the sky all over and trees swaying around as the wind twirls with foggy views everywhere, convincing enough to state I'm in an abandoned place of a movie.

"Seems like it's going to rain today", I say out loud. Perfect.

I love rain. I love watching the world sink in quiet droplets and see the fog engulf the city all over.

I've been worn out by my busy schedule I had to work all through this week. My mind has been overwhelmed by piled up assignments, meetings and messy thoughts, so today was the most suitable day to relax and ease my mind as rain falls.

It's satisfying to relax and read my book while I have nothing to worry about other than listening to the pattering sound on the window, cuddling with my cute cat, and enjoying a warm cup of tea.

I put on my favorite oversized hoodie with black sweatpants and socks. While I put my hair in a bun, not minding how messy it is, I start my computer to pick out a nice playlist. Oh, how I love a nice playlist to dance to.

I pick up my cat and swirl around my apartment to the music playing in the background, having the fun I needed for weeks. My cat, Buttercup seems to be having fun too, meowing and bopping my nose as we two go round.

While I'm enjoying my time at the moment a notification sound alerts from my computer, silencing the sound of the music for a few seconds and then allowing it to go up. I notice the sound and go up to my computer.

It's a text from my favorite person, Elliot.

Elliot and I have been friends since high school, but little did he know I had a crush on him since. He and I went through all ups and downs during high school years and after graduating to university years.  

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟
Published: 24th of May, 2023

Author's note: Sorry if the 'released out' notification is unbearable if someone is following my story. I'm currently editing the pieces I published out long ago and working on it to make it long ^^